• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replica Les Pauls show em!!

Mars Hall

traded (cough kinda) my cherry for this lemon!

i'm in love! I"ll never sell or trade it! (if I had a nickle for that one)....

anyhow...

Do you mind if I share this photo at the "Gil Yaron Handmade Guitars" group on FB?

Patek

Do you mind if I share this photo at the "Gil Yaron Handmade Guitars" group on FB?

Please can you post the link to that group, or any other relevant groups. That group does not come up in the search when I look under Gil. Any terry Morgan group as well ?

Dave P

My brother obtained recently this never used real Gibson R9 neck and needs a body made for it. I've been out of the loop with all things Les Paul for a while, so if anyone has a good lead for a builder, please PM me here, thanks.
neck1.jpg

Pellman73

Jeebus. I don't blame you.

The top reminds me of my wife's brain

theres a lot going on there

there's Flame, mineral streaks, even some blisters by the knobs, really interesting grain patterns all over the dang place

and I love em both

And I think we have a name

The Wife

If anyone asks I"ll say its beautiful ... you know... like my wife-- but you guys will know the truth!

Sonically it really is an incredible guitar too. The whole "tele on steroids" thing is so present in these Gils.... but then in this one (a little better than the other one) when you flip to the neck and dial down the volume a little and bring the tone down to like 5 you have your creamy blue sky tone-- or dime them and you've got snarly rock and roll in the bridge and a great mid range punch in the neck. the middle position is awesome too.

kINGeLtORO

Max has cleaned out his shop.. furniture grade wood is being sold off... no more, no more...

the end of an era...

I ended up with his top carver and the master top and a few other knick knacks

35659949_10216791991741875_4541836449896464384_n.jpg

Ed A

Here are my two Bartletts.... although regrettably needed to sell the honeyburst... sounded great, but if I can only have one I gotta go with a big flame cherryburst...

Ed A

Beautiful guitars Ed!
Any tonal differences?

Sorry, just seeing this now.... sure there are some differences... I dont think Ive ever played two LPs that sounded identical, whether they were vintage, replicas or reissues.... The honeyburst is a bit warmer with the mids sucked a bit more than the cherry burst which has more pronounced mids.... both sound great... I feel that after having dozens of reissues, four '50s goldtops and 3 replicas that there is no real science that explains the difference in tone.... Its really just each piece of wood used has its own character and how it combines with the other pieces of wood along with the build is gonna dictate final tone... I do believe there are generalities we can hear... like 'old wood' seems to have a certain character, heavier guitars generally sound different than very light Les Pauls.... but overall its hard to predict what any LP will sound like until you play it right?

Luke Gibson

Sorry, just seeing this now.... sure there are some differences... I dont think Ive ever played two LPs that sounded identical, whether they were vintage, replicas or reissues.... The honeyburst is a bit warmer with the mids sucked a bit more than the cherry burst which has more pronounced mids.... both sound great... I feel that after having dozens of reissues, four '50s goldtops and 3 replicas that there is no real science that explains the difference in tone.... Its really just each piece of wood used has its own character and how it combines with the other pieces of wood along with the build is gonna dictate final tone... I do believe there are generalities we can hear... like 'old wood' seems to have a certain character, heavier guitars generally sound different than very light Les Pauls.... but overall its hard to predict what any LP will sound like until you play it right?

Totally agree Ed A!!

marshall1987

This....:dude: