• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replica Les Pauls show em!!

tonar8353

Here are a few that I finished for friends.
IMG_9270_zps58d16f6f.jpg

IMG_9427_zps51c415ca.jpg

DucRyder

I've been looking for one of those after Tom showed his, very cool.

I got lucky and found a pile of them, grabbed a few for myself and sold the rest to Tom W, did you ask him if he's got a line on one or two for you?

sah5150

My LP Replica just arrived and, well.... I just came up for air.

I haven't mentioned it, but I own an amp company (I'm actually designer, builder, marketing, etc. as it's a one man shop):

Henning Amplification

I decided to record a little classic rock thing with my new 50 watt design (not released yet!), the Henning Bottle Rocket and I thought you guys might like to hear the guitar in action. It's the smaller amp (in both black and white tolex) shown in the first picture below. It's capable of very heavy stuff, but this guitar is so perfect for the classic rock stuff that I was inspired to play a bit of that to see what I could get. I wasn't going for the album tone, just dialed in the amp and recorded. I love the way this guitar sounds! The Wizz pickups and original Centralab pots and black beauty caps I got from a '67 ES-335 give the guitar a very unique vintage sound.

This is a pure classic rock machine! Exactly what I wanted, as I have plenty of guitars for heavier stuff... I'm gonna record a bunch of clips, but here is the first.

Signal chain is : Guitar -> Bottle Rocket -> Royer R-121 -> Great Rivers Pre -> DAW. No EQ, no nothing... Not trying to match the original, just got a tone and played this...

Buy guys - gotta get back to her!

Alright Now

Pics:

arrival_1.jpg

arrival_2.jpg

arrival_3.jpg

Steve

BayonetteWork

This is my Triumph LP copy. I traded an acoustic for it 20 years ago. I have no idea what it is, as there is no info online about it. I have seen a Triumph Tele copy with the same logo. It came with Grover tuners. I have since replaced the pickups with Seymore Duncan '57 LP reissues, and have new pots, Russian PIO caps, and Switchcraft toggle on the way. It played great, and has the double bindings. It is a bolt on neck though. The bridge posts are much bigger than an LP. It is quite heavy. IF ANYONE HAS INFO ON IT, please let me know.

image_zpsx7ju50xg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

ChevChelios

There are quite some amazing guitars highlighted in this thread! I remember once writing a PM to one of our humble hosts, asking if opening a Les Paul copy/replica thread would be allowed, but never heard back from them. I guess things have changed :yah

I'm not a fan of replicas (= Les Paul with Gibson on the headstock), but have always been a sucker for Les Paul influenced guitars and - at this time - have sold all of my Gibson Les Pauls (still have one or two other Gibson vintage guitars, though) and am playing exclusively "inspired by" Lesters.

Like this one - my absolute # 1 - made by German master luthier Thomas Kortmann
DSC02193copy_zpsb3c0f280.jpg
91cb790d-93e2-49f6-8194-b830dceb0325_zps2d3a3b7b.jpg

I also started working on my own creations ... like this one ...

Or this guy ...

(this one is signed by Robben Ford and is going to be auctioned off in September with all proceeds going to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle to support cancer research)

Of course, none of those have Gibson on their headstock.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChevChelios

I don't really care about the trademark(s). To me, it wouldn't feel right to label a non-Gibson guitar with "Gibson" ...

Last edited:

richard henry

Banned
Here's one of the nicest replicas I've seen. It came for a visit recently so I was able to photograph it.

Tim Plains

Very cool. I had no idea until now that the LPF allowed this. :salude
Tom Holmes pickups, '64 ES wiring harness, the rest is typical of what the builder uses.
Burst/finish wise, I asked for about as new looking as he could handle.

andycouncil

Evening All... gorgeous instruments.
I'm in the market for a replica and information on who's who in the community, appreciate a PM from those that care to share.