• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone knows this 68 Burst Conversion?

FlyingFred67

Hi Folks!

I was offered this 1968 Burst Conversion which was offered from a US Dealer until 1 year ago but I couldn´t find something on the www.
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Does anyone of you knows this guitar and can give details as which dealer sold it or maybe somebody of you have had it before??

Many Thanks for your support in advance!
Cheers Fred
$_57.JPG

moonweasel

Also, I think I see thin binding in the cutaway which means it has been modded there to look more like a 50s guitar, try to get us a control cavity shot if possible. As pointed out the inlays are changed and the frets are huge.

Kris Ford

It just kinda burns my ass that a 50's style inked SN# was used..I mean I know people are that obsessed with the '59, come the F on..but it's more making something what it's not...
Conversion or not, it's just a mutilated '68, a very cool LP in it's own right, and will NEVER be a burst..why stamp a phony '59 number on there?

djd100

+1

Changed the binding too it looks like, but I bet they didn't change the headstock angle! :hmm

It just kinda burns my ass that a 50's style inked SN# was used..I mean I know people are that obsessed with the '59, come the F on..but it's more making something what it's not...
Conversion or not, it's just a mutilated '68, a very cool LP in it's own right, and will NEVER be a burst..why stamp a phony '59 number on there?

moonweasel

FYI, there is a routed 68 GT with DOUBLE WHITE PAF's on Ebay right now. I think they want 20k.

FlyingFred67

Hey Felliws Thanks a lot for your thoughts and Infornation!
Seems that one isn't worth a 2 Hour trip...
I asked for more pics which I will ad here as soon as I have them.
If somebidy wants it its on Ebay Germany near Stuttgart:fc

FlyingFred67

Here are some more pics meanwhile...I will post the Cavity Pics as soon as I have them. Seller States it has 1961 Short Magnet PAF´s Stickers look a bit strange...What do you think?
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

MIKE LEAF

Yes, and a low one as well that also matches a real burst...

9-1154.jpg

oldflame

Especially so as the peg head rake is shallower anyway.