• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The 'F' Word

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
That's a beauty!

I'm working pretty hard on this one (maybe it's workin' on me :hank) Craziest guitar I've ever had. I'm about 3 months into this, another "CS '54 NOS - 60:"

410531085.jpg

Back in the day I was a diehard SRV fan, & that extended to my Strat choices: 3-tone Sunburst, RW slab boards... & then I saw someone on Austin City Limits (maybe Lou Ann Barton?) & her Guitar Player had a HAMMERED blonde Strat w/a Maple neck. I sounded killer & I've wanted one like that ever since.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Nope! Dang, know who Jimmy Vaughan is! Might have been Marcia Ball for all I remember. I think it was the same episode with W. C. Clark. The Strat was pretty worn, too

JJ Jones

Speaking of Austin City Limits, I saw the Sonic Highways Austin episode last night. I just love that series!

K

Kim R

Back in the day I was a diehard SRV fan, & that extended to my Strat choices: 3-tone Sunburst, RW slab boards... & then I saw someone on Austin City Limits (maybe Lou Ann Barton?) & her Guitar Player had a HAMMERED blonde Strat w/a Maple neck. I sounded killer & I've wanted one like that ever since.

Cogs,

I'm of a similar mind regarding the blonde guitars - and for some reason they do look "right" when there's a lot of wear. With my recent acquisition, it was really driven by other attributes and I was actually going to give a sea foam green beast the first go when it was sold right out of my hands(!)

I've always loved the sounds from a great Strat or Tele, loved the feel of a Strat, and struggled with the radius, relief, and trem issues. This guitar feels much more dialed in and I haven't even touched a screw (a personal first).

My hands are carrying more wear than this new guitar but I'm committed to it. It sounds great and I need to "learn" this beast. There are, after all, only so many hours behind the door. I'm also a "one-at-a-time" guitarist as it helps me to focus. The decks were cleared for this one and the check book is balanced :hee

Happy Holidays and Thanks for your time and work on the L - P - F!

Kim

S. Cane

Just for everyone's information (and I'm only posting it here because both forums belong to the same folks and are meant to be "brothers"):

The Fender Forum is not going to be shut down soon anymore. It is still working and new members are registering.

I myself am a member both here and there, both are excellent forums.

I'll continue posting more about Les Pauls here and about my Fenders there.

sikoniko

Just for everyone's information (and I'm only posting it here because both forums belong to the same folks and are meant to be "brothers"):

The Fender Forum is not going to be shut down soon anymore. It is still working and new members are registering.

I myself am a member both here and there, both are excellent forums.

I'll continue posting more about Les Pauls here and about my Fenders there.

Once the upgrade of software is done here, I hope they do it over there. I'll hold out until then. :dude:

renderit

Monday and Tuesday they are installing much needed updates to the vBulletin base software that runs the site.

jrgtr42

I play both Gibson and Fender (and other brands as well; like someone said, different brush for different colors) and I am glad that there is a Fender pub here, even if TFF is staying put for now.

Minibucker

I used to be on the Fender Discussion Page, but was banned after many years by the Nazi that runs it. I didn't really mind because again, there was no reasoning with that prick, but I had some good rapport and online relationships with several members.

S. Cane

Well I don't know about anyone running these forums, the only person I read the name was Lily or something (don't even know if it's a man or a woman), is that it?

As far as I know, a new fellow is in charge, Mike. Quite a nice guy, as far as I had contact with him...

Anyway, I registered recently both here and there and I like the Fender Forum as well.

Nothing wrong with having the Fender space here, but as a matter of fact I like the info over there. Years of data and plus it's a nice forum all in all..

Minibucker

I actually see a deeper appreciation for Fender guitars here than in some Fender sites.