• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NCD!

Kris Ford

There's a NGD too, but should say right off the bat the guitar that I got this case for was 5 years later than the case...
But any rate, traded my funky '77 RD for a '74 SG, and when they brought the case up for the SG, I was thinking it'd either be the purple or red lined version....
Nope..they opened the case up..and even my lady gasped.."Is that the marigold?"..it was.
Then, thanks to Moonweasel, I immediately looked at the latches..more modern styled with no Excelsior markings..
Then the handle..
BINGO..There was the "Bruce" stamp..
Stoked to have a very clean 0357 Faultless A2 version..:yah

Clean as hell..

The Bruce stamp!

Stephen, since the A2 is the one you don't have pics of..would gladly take any kind of pics, or you can use these for LSLP, I know it's a SG case, but still close enough to show the difference..
Thanks Guitar Center!!:dude:

Last edited:

GuitarMikey

Sweet! i picked up a 1961 SG/LP case last week. Traded straight up for a $175 shotgun :peace2
Now all i need is a 61 LP to put in it.... :hmm

moonweasel

Damn, that sucker is clean!

I am really, really, really, really, really, really, really grateful for the offer of pics, but I am going to politely say no thanks. I think it might be less confusing for my users to only see LP cases. No slight intended!

Score on that case, man! nice

Grog

You don't get older vintage cases very often, many times newer cases. My '74 Les Paul Signature came in a mid '60s Lifton case for a 330. Fit perfectly. Normally I would say something, but in this case, (no pun intended), I just kept quiet...........

moonweasel

heheh I had hte same thing happen with a 81 Black Walnut Fender bass I found at a GC. After we agreed on a price and the deal was nearly done, I asked where the case was? They did the std GC thing of "it doesnt have a case, but you can buy one for $130". I said its an American made FEnder bass, it CAME with a case, and I intend to leave here with that case. They brought out a minty mid-60's Fender P-bass case. Grog, you and I both just kept quiet............ :)

Kris Ford

Yeah, I did too! I thought it may have had the Gibson stencil wear off and it would be a purple or red lined version...
Even my lil mama new that color and what it was once they cracked it open..it was just a matter of seeing that Bruce stamp on the handle..:yah
Are they really selling these for $375-$450?? No way in hell I'd part with this though..
On my receipt, it said "Vintage Case $0.02"..:spabout

moonweasel

For les pauls they can. I am not knowledgable about SG cases. Sooooo clean. I think small mammals died in my lpc case. :)

Kris Ford

For les pauls they can. I am not knowledgable about SG cases. Sooooo clean. I think small mammals died in my lpc case. :)
It sure is clean! And just a lil of that old LP record album scent, (which I LOVE btw), nothing offending.:jim