• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B tearing it up in Rochester!

Big Al

Couple of things.. Big Al is Big Al... Legend and a super nice cat. When the backstage security says Big Al is at the door he gets in. :salude
PS always happy to help out a fellow forum member.

The 1958 ES 335 is a turd that I bought yesterday from the son of the original owner. It was fairly priced and given the fact it spent the last 35 years in a closet, both parties won. The PAFs poached by a crooked repair guy in the 80's, the knobs, rings ect ect and plus there is a small headstock issue for good measure. Anyway other than that it is one of my favorite 50's Gibsons I own straight away. It plays killer for a non bound 58. When I get it working it will sound great. As far as changes and restoration.? Hmmmmm I choose to do nothing and just play it as it is. There ya go.

Big Al great to see you and son as always!

Joe B

Yeah, I liked that dot, it has a certain funky aura about it that fades into an old friend when you play it. You did good.

Joe was very, very kind to me and it makes my son look at me in renewed respect from the reflected attention JB paid us. Thanks to Joe, I had a great night with my son, and it sparked an intense music and gear discussion afterwards that we don't always get to have, Fathers and Sons have a certain relationship, that is fine, but interacting with him as two fans of the same thing and just being those two dudes was a special thing for me.

I loved it all, but that Acoustic set, alone was worth it, what followed was like the very best dessert you ever had following the best meal.

I'm burping vintage wood and tweed and no need for any Alka Seltzer, it was a musical meal of epic proportions and gourmet tastes!

Go and see him, it is so rare to see anyone serving up such splendid fare. Anyone who is a serious fan of music and great guitar/band interplay SEE THIS SHOW!!!

Oh yeah, good to see Howie Mandel is still playing Bass!:rofl

Xpensive Wino

Go and see him, it is so rare to see anyone serving up such splendid fare. Anyone who is a serious fan of music and great guitar/band interplay SEE THIS SHOW!!!

Doing just that in about an hour or so, Big Al. :salude

moonweasel

Doing just that in about an hour or so, Big Al. :salude

Lucky dog!

I am at home on a Saturday night writing a ten page paper on the Senkaku Island dispute... although I am rocking out with the Everly Brothers greatest hits CD. :)

Xpensive Wino

Was very, very good. Big Al was right, as usual. That "Mandel" guy was on bass. :hee

axehandler

I hope "turd" is only referring to "neglected" guitar. I had a 1958 ES175 that I didn't care for, but it was probably a great guitar for the guy I sold it to (sold it for $1800 about five years ago). I've been wanting to get a 335 & go for the Alvin Lee tone. DJ is building a guitar for me now, but my next guitar will probably be a hollow body.

Cliff Gress

Couple of things.. Big Al is Big Al... Legend and a super nice cat. When the backstage security says Big Al is at the door he gets in. :salude
PS always happy to help out a fellow forum member.

The 1958 ES 335 is a turd that I bought yesterday from the son of the original owner. It was fairly priced and given the fact it spent the last 35 years in a closet, both parties won. The PAFs poached by a crooked repair guy in the 80's, the knobs, rings ect ect and plus there is a small headstock issue for good measure. Anyway other than that it is one of my favorite 50's Gibsons I own straight away. It plays killer for a non bound 58. When I get it working it will sound great. As far as changes and restoration.? Hmmmmm I choose to do nothing and just play it as it is. There ya go.

Big Al great to see you and son as always!

Joe B

So looking forward to hearing you play Joe and seeing those great guitars. The spirit of the big lake resides in each Kalamazoo Gibson. Can't wait to hear them sing as they celebrate being so close to home!

Hope we can meet and chat too.

Regards,
Cliff