The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Thread: Gibson Custom

Gibson Custom

We are pleased to welcome Gibson Custom as a Premier Sponsor of the Les Paul Forum!

Gibson Custom works through its dealers and does not do direct sales, but they have been advocates of the Les Paul Forum and friends of the LP Forum Owners for many years. We welcome them as a Premier Sponsor and supporter of our mission to promote the Gibson Les Paul and other Gibson models.

Please - this is NOT a section to post direct inquiries to Gibson Custom or to bash the company -- there are enough criticisms and compliments posted in other Pubs in the Les Paul Forum. This section is to simply acknowledge their support and the fine guitars they are building for Gibson enthusiasts.
    Last edited by MikeSlub; 11-23-14 at 05:46 PM.
    Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

Re: Gibson Custom

A big thank you to Gibson Custom for your support of this fine form and to Mike and crew on growing the forum and looking for new ways to provide an outstanding service to owners and admirers of the Les Paul guitar and other Gibson instruments.

I'm fortunate enough to have 5 Gibson Custom guitars, 3 Les Pauls, 1 58 Flying V and a 57 Futura and love them.

Thanks again, I look forward to the next phase of this forum and hopefully Gibson Custom can provide some insight into the development and production of their fine instruments.

Best Wishes

Martin

Les Paul Forum Member latestarter's Avatar

Wow. Thanks to all who made this possible. It's a great gesture.
    Otherwise known as Grant.

Les Paul Forum Member Mars Hall's Avatar

Welcome to the forum! Shout out to Jim Decola. Yes, that is the Soul Machine on my avatar...
    "What's that man movin' cross the stage?
    It looks a lot like the one used by Jimmy Page..." Paul McCartney

No inquiries, questions, or criticisms here!

Just a silent genuflection.

Quote Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post
    No inquiries, questions, or criticisms here!

Just a silent genuflection.
    You can post those in any Pub other than this one. Thanks.
    Mike Slubowski

Les Paul Forum Member Todd Louis's Avatar

The World Needs a MARSHALL ENEMA !

Brooklyn,Manhattan,Queens,Da Bronx, Staten Island.....
    NYC The Greatest Country in DA World....!

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.
    I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
    That's what's insane about it."
    John Lennon

Certainly a most welcome addition to the sponsorship!

Les Paul Forum Member

Thanks Gibson!

Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar

Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

The reason for life....thank you for giving back.

Thanks to the whole team at Custom, and their support of the LPF!

Les Paul Forum Member Pat Boyack's Avatar

I love my '97 R6 and '09 R9!! Thanks!!!

I've owned several Historics, 2-R7's, an R9, a Rossington and loved them all, but I thought it might be appropriate to send a shout-out to the good folks who built my Gibson USA Firebird. It's a great guitar, and am VERY happy with it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! It's taken us a while to get started, but plans are to maintain an active presence here and provide both information and engage some of our most important players/collectors in how we do business. I'm Kevin Van Pamel-many of you know me and I have the pleasure of knowing many of you. I look forward to knowing more of you. Keep your eyes on this thread for pre-announcements of upcoming projects, informal surveys on new product ideas and feel free to use it as a means to reach us with your input and questions.

Again, thanks to all of you for being active in such an important community to us!

Kevin

Hi Kevin... Welcome aboard...
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

Quote Originally Posted by customshop2 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! It's taken us a while to get started, but plans are to maintain an active presence here and provide both information and engage some of our most important players/collectors in how we do business. I'm Kevin Van Pamel-many of you know me and I have the pleasure of knowing many of you. I look forward to knowing more of you. Keep your eyes on this thread for pre-announcements of upcoming projects, informal surveys on new product ideas and feel free to use it as a means to reach us with your input and questions.

Again, thanks to all of you for being active in such an important community to us!

Kevin
    Awesome! Welcome!

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator CDaughtry's Avatar

Kevin,

Welcome aboard! It's going to be great having you around here!

Les Paul Forum Member moonweasel's Avatar

Kevin
    Welcome Kevin!

I am the host of the 60's SG and Les Paul Sub-Forum here at the LPF, and I was very excited to see Edwin Wilson discuss the new Historic 1968 Les Paul Custom in an interview on YouTube. I believe it is already on sale in Japan and really hope it makes it to these shores as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSlub View Post
    Please - this is NOT a section to post direct inquiries to Gibson Custom or to bash the company -- there are enough criticisms and compliments posted in other Pubs in the Les Paul Forum. This section is to simply acknowledge their support and the fine guitars they are building for Gibson enthusiasts.
    Keep your eyes on this thread for pre-announcements of upcoming projects, informal surveys on new product ideas and feel free to use it as a means to reach us with your input and questions.
    Welcome, Kevin and thanks to you and the team not only for producing great guitars but for becoming more active here.

So, does this mean to override Slub's admonition?

Perhaps we need a sub-forum or some protocol for this?

Hey, another good idea might be to get a Point of Contact from Memphis and Bozeman on here (or perhaps elsewhere and let us know), perhaps in sub-forums. I am sure Mike and the other Admin stewards would welcome and provide it.

Cheers, we are all rooting for you guys to keep producing the world's best guitars -- even us LEFTY players!

Quote Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
    Welcome Kevin!

I am the host of the 60's SG and Les Paul Sub-Forum here at the LPF, and I was very excited to see Edwin Wilson discuss the new Historic 1968 Les Paul Custom in an interview on YouTube. I believe it is already on sale in Japan and really hope it makes it to these shores as well.

Thanks! Yes, that's correct about the '68 LPC being available in Japan first, though the "re-introduction" is likely to have a few spec upgrades that tie into True Historic (our upcoming next gen of Historic Reissue). I'm waiting to find that out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    Welcome, Kevin and thanks to you and the team not only for producing great guitars but for becoming more active here.

So, does this mean to override Slub's admonition?

Perhaps we need a sub-forum or some protocol for this?

Hey, another good idea might be to get a Point of Contact from Memphis and Bozeman on here (or perhaps elsewhere and let us know), perhaps in sub-forums. I am sure Mike and the other Admin stewards would welcome and provide it.

Cheers, we are all rooting for you guys to keep producing the world's best guitars -- even us LEFTY players!

I can't speak for how the forum is structured...I'm new and that's all Mike and I'm sure I'm not overriding anything-just keeping an eye on our section and keeping anyone interested informed, but I can definitely intro the admin to other contacts in the company on request.

Quote Originally Posted by CDaughtry View Post
    Kevin,

Welcome aboard! It's going to be great having you around here!
    Your avatar is mesmerizing Charles. I wasted half a workday staring at it....it's like they know me.

Les Paul Forum Member moonweasel's Avatar

Your avatar is mesmerizing Charles. I wasted half a workday staring at it....it's like they know me.
    hahahah, haven't we all!

----

Thanks for the update on that new 68 Historic, Kevin. I am also the author of this site: http://www.latesixtieslespauls.com/

On it, I will be happy to write an article on the new model if/when it comes out. I already have a little blurb on the Japanese version.

Kevin
    Kevin, welcome aboard! We are honored to have you and Gibson Custom as our Premier Sponsor!
    Mike Slubowski

Les Paul Forum Member Strat God's Avatar

Cheers to Gibson Custom...love you guys.
    God Bless Single-Malt Scotch.

- www.dougwahlberg.com

I've bought a bunch of Custom Shop guitars. I've never sold one!

GREAT JOB!