• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Need help with Questions for my first proper musician interview...

moonweasel

So,

If you had the opportunity to interview a known musician (multi-platinum) who is the original owner of a humbuckered 1968 Les Paul Standard, what would you ask?

---

I will be able to tell you more soon, but it is a known musician who is generously willing to be interviewed for my website JUST to share about the instrument! This is a well toured and well recorded guitar, btw!

Again, wish I could tell you more, but just curious what you would ask... I have to communicate tonight or tomorrow AM at the earliest, so please post tonight.

-MW

Reno_1ted

Wow cool! You will know all the spec questions of course. :)

Without knowing who:

How did he come about owning the guitar?

Any mods he has done or would recommend and why?

Pickups: what humbuckers does he have fitted, have these always been in (if not what changes have they made) and what does he like about whatever pickups he has and the way they combine with the LSLP.

Ever played other classic vintage guitars and if so how LSLP compares. Why a LSLP?

Progear

Wait, my people didn't tell me about a interview with you.. Ha ha :teeth

Ask, why did he humbucker the geetar , if he did ..

moonweasel

Progear, its a FACTORY humbuckered std. :)

Thanks both for your input, I'll include what I can!

moonweasel

Im coding the article now, but I am going to have to call the Tangerine BUrst guy, he has not responded to my emails. I know he is busy.

Concerning this other guitar, the gentleman I am interviewing has impeccable provenance on his. It is 100% a factory humbucker guitar.

moonweasel

reno and progear, I have incorporated your questions into some of mine, they wont be verbatim, but I will make sure your content is in there.

psigh4

Moonweasel,

1. What is the biggest repair you have had done to the guitar?

2. Have you ever had any close calls with it being damaged or stolen?

3. What is it with this guitar that makes it special (sound or feel) from other guitars you have?

The kind of questions that bring out those special stories we all have about our favorite guitars. I like specs as much as the next guy but I know it's always great to hear the history of the guitar as well.

Good luck on the interview! :salude

moonweasel

Moonweasel,

2. Have you ever had any close calls with it being damaged or stolen?

3. What is it with this guitar that makes it special (sound or feel) from other guitars you have?

Ha, I just submitted it without seeing your post, but these two questions are in there! Cool! Thanks.

moonweasel

Wow..:bigal .. Can't wait to read... Your are the man :dude:

Thanks! Never interviewed a celebrity before. This guy is definitely "one of us" though.

---

Not sure when I will hear back everyone, but I would guess within 5-10 days I'll post again.

Big Al

Why did you buy this guitar?

Did you buy it new, and if so, did you request the hum buckers, or was it a fluke?

What compelling reason pointed you at this model and make? Was it to capture a specific tone you were chasing, having one like a player you admired or it just felt right.

Customs had humbuckers and were top of the line, why not a Custom?

When you bought this guitar, were you aware of the Les Paul mania that was starting to become a roar?

Why have you still got it?

moonweasel

Hey Al!

Great questions, I wish I had thought of the Custom vs. Standard one. You and I are on the same train of thought on the others though, I literally have every other one covered! :)

Haven't heard back yet, but I will post here when I do.