• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Old Tokai Explorer.

Megawatt70

That would have been John Gold who sold you that marvelous plank. Great little store that sadly went in the late 80's. John lives in the US now. Any top end Tokai was very difficult to find in the UK back in the 80's. Not many were imported via 'Blue Suede Music' who were the distributor. Mainly because they were pretty expensive. I think the LS 200 was quoted in the '84 catalogue price guide at 900 quid.
Thanks for the info. Great to learn more about that little shop in Covent Garden and sad that it went the way of so many. As I had ordered the Explorer, I had to go to the shop a couple of times and I walked in once to find them all gathered round one guy playing an old Strat which, it turned out; was an original 58’.
Within minutes they handed it over to me to play. Really nice guys.

Wvintage_63

That would have been John Gold who sold you that marvelous plank. Great little store that sadly went in the late 80's. John lives in the US now. Any top end Tokai was very difficult to find in the UK back in the 80's. Not many were imported via 'Blue Suede Music' who were the distributor. Mainly because they were pretty expensive. I think the LS 200 was quoted in the '84 catalogue price guide at 900 quid.

I used to collect lots of those old tokais, had two early 80s LS 200s one i still regret selling...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br31iIPnhuR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link