• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2015 Les Pauls, what are they smoking?

RocknRollShakeUp

That is a sharp looking guitar! And I like the case as well. And at that price.....SCORE!

I agree! I wasn't even remotely interested in a 2015 but for a price like that I would consider one just to have a beater, loaner, or travel guitar!

kevinkovalsky

Ahah, they have really very high sales, but we can’t find out if this is true or just numbers. In any case, this is a pretty cool store and there are very high-quality guitars :)
What is your favorite activity while playing the guitar? I love smoking vape after playing an awesome song. It may sound silly, but I'm an avid fan of vaping and have been smoking vaping for several years now. My favorite vape shop is www.aquavape.co.uk and there is an amazing assortment and very tasty liquids!

Last edited:

FlamesAreWicked

There’s a local shop with 2015s still on the wall that are brand new.. they will stay there too since they still have pricing circa 2015 on them still. It’s time to cut bait and move them along. That’s what happens in podunk Louisiana lol.

metropolis

There’s a local shop with 2015s still on the wall that are brand new.. they will stay there too since they still have pricing circa 2015 on them still.

You see immaculate ones on sale second hand around here and they are still priced optimistically. I bought a brand new Deluxe one discounted to just over £1k (list was £1,800 I think) and there's people trying to sell second hand ones for more than that.

aspirantfail

You see immaculate ones on sale second hand around here and they are still priced optimistically. I bought a brand new Deluxe one discounted to just over £1k (list was £1,800 I think) and there's people trying to sell second hand ones for more than that.

I sold that one that Amazon sold me new for £350 to a chap via ebay about 6 months ago (unplayed) for £800.
I don't understand why the big box retailers were blowing them out in 2015. Gibsons hold value, even quirky ones.

BluesSlide

Well, most threads die a natural death, but this one has that evergreen quality of 'waddya think of that model' so ... my .02
I picked up a stock 2015 Les Paul 100th Birthday for $1500 in 2019, and I have to say I really like it. Once I read the manual all the way through the G-Force tuning system was fairly easy to get used to. I say fairly easy because it should have a sign on it that says "DON'T TUNE WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING A CHORD". Forgot to turn it off once when I started a song in a live situation and it started going this way and that because it was re-tuning the guitar to Standard tuning no matter which chord I was playing. Lesson Learned!!

What makes it useful is the ability to switch from DADGAD to Standard and then Open-D in about 20 seconds, and to re-tune in about 10. The only thing I have to do is check the little lights on the back and strum the strings. This means I can talk to other band members, the audience, or the people waiting to play at my open mic. It took some practice to get used to it, but now I prefer it to a floor tuner because I'm not staring at my shoes when I'm talking to the audience. I have a reminder card with my four most common tunings on it. Press the buttons in the right order and let it tune. It is a beautiful Tobacco Burst and sounds great with stock pickups. I liked it so much I jumped on a 2017 LP Classic HP for $1350 last April in the second month of the lockdown. Like that even better, with the plek'd from the factory neck and carved out heel and cutaway it's got the feel I want and makes life easier.

The one real gotcha for this guitar is this, will I be able to get replacement batteries? I have found a supplier in Thailand, but I expect that there is not a big market to be made in this replacement batteries, and they are pretty unique, so...

I see a lot of negativity towards this series of models, and I remember the HJ years well. By the time they'd got to 2015 there had been so many stories and disappointments that I remember the first reaction to any new Gibson initiative was "Oh crap, what's Henry gonna screw up now?" But Gibson is a company of many talented people, I think these guitars deserve a reset in the history books.