• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What are your "Can't Do Without.." pedals?

Kris Ford

Small Stone>Fulltone Fat-Boost (1st gen)>Big Muff (currently a Metal Muff)>wah>boss TU-2>JMP 2203

Funny how things change..
Same destination, different vehicles I guess..:biggrin:
It's now Small Stone>EHX Soul Food>EHX LPB-1>EHX Metal Muff>EHX NYC Muff>Thomas organ Crybaby>JMP2203

gmann

RYRA's 'The KLONE'. It has replaced my KLON that I've been using since I bought it new in '97. I've always liked what it does and it's an always on pedal. No, they're not worth what they cost these days and they're really not worth what I paid in '97 witch was $350. Still, I've played a couple of thousand gigs with it easily. Lately it's just become too expensive. I gig with it but I tire of having to pay attention to what's happening on stage when I'm not on it. We sometimes play multiple nights in a venue and I can't leave it. I've tried a couple of other klones but didn't really like them. I got a RimRocks Mythical Overdrive hoping to replace my KLON but it didn't have as much headroom and I really use the KLON just as a clean boost. However the Mythical Overdrive proved to be a fantastic light overdrive pedal that it's been on the board for months and I have tons of OD pedals but like this one the best. Somebody turned me on to RYRA's 'The KLONE' and this did it. I did a side by side comparison with my KLON and they are virtually identical. The only difference I could tell was that it has more headroom than the KLON which is an improvement IMO. Best of all it's $165.00 and you choose the color. I got gold with oxblood knobs 'cause I'm so use to seeing my KLON. Sounds like an advertisement I know but as you might guess I really like it.

matt1981

Depends on the amp I'm using.

With my Fenders or the AC30 it would be the Fulltone OCD. With my silver jube it would be my Maxon OD808.

Kris Ford

Funny how things change..
Same destination, different vehicles I guess..:biggrin:
It's now Small Stone>EHX Soul Food>EHX LPB-1>EHX Metal Muff>EHX NYC Muff>Thomas organ Crybaby>JMP2203

Now add EHX Good Vibes to the front of this..:spabout
I could live without it..but if I had to have ONE..it would have to be the Soul Food probably..glad I don't have to make that decision..

Red Baron

This...

chris%20ZT_zpsydkslbkh.jpg

One side is Zen and the other is Taur... together = magic :hank

mistersnappy

Right now, its the hand
built Tube Screamer clone our bass player built for me. I don't know sh*t about which circuit it is. I just know it works with my Vibroverb Reissue. :2cool:teeth

No paint, no lettering, plain silver box and green knobs. Hideous looking.

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
The help I need can't be found in a pedal.:hee
That being said, I haven't done anything without my Line 6 DL4 since they came out.

renderit

RYRA's 'The KLONE'. It has replaced my KLON that I've been using since I bought it new in '97. I've always liked what it does and it's an always on pedal. No, they're not worth what they cost these days and they're really not worth what I paid in '97 witch was $350. Still, I've played a couple of thousand gigs with it easily. Lately it's just become too expensive. I gig with it but I tire of having to pay attention to what's happening on stage when I'm not on it. We sometimes play multiple nights in a venue and I can't leave it. I've tried a couple of other klones but didn't really like them. I got a RimRocks Mythical Overdrive hoping to replace my KLON but it didn't have as much headroom and I really use the KLON just as a clean boost. However the Mythical Overdrive proved to be a fantastic light overdrive pedal that it's been on the board for months and I have tons of OD pedals but like this one the best. Somebody turned me on to RYRA's 'The KLONE' and this did it. I did a side by side comparison with my KLON and they are virtually identical. The only difference I could tell was that it has more headroom than the KLON which is an improvement IMO. Best of all it's $165.00 and you choose the color. I got gold with oxblood knobs 'cause I'm so use to seeing my KLON. Sounds like an advertisement I know but as you might guess I really like it.

I just got one of these, primarily because of what you said here. The only bitch? NOTHING IS LABELED! NOTHING. Not the jacks or the 3 knobs. What, am I supposed to know what the hell the crap is on it? He even sends and instruction sheet to tell you the best setting on the Gain Tone and Output pots. Chit! I wish I knew which was which!

B Ingram

I just got one of these, primarily because of what you said here. The only bitch? NOTHING IS LABELED! NOTHING. ...

But you're a smart guy! I'm sure you'll fiddle the knobs and find something which sounds great!

dez

Boss Combo Drive does me well with any backline.

lonesomesheik

I still have my Matchless Vibrobox , I go it around '95 I guess, now I prefer the vibro of my V-Champ, but the Matchless is always plugged in, I love the preamp part of the box, I'll never go without it!

MBET

A TS808, script Dynacomp, triangle knob Big Muff, MuTron Octave Divider, chrome top Vox wah, and Binson Echorec. (All vintage originals - I've had them since they were just "old pedals" before people started calling them "vintage")