• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

OX4 Pickups

blues4jesus

I just received my Ox4s covered and wound to Greg Martin specs. Mark is great to work with he answered all my questions and was just way cool. I've been an avid David Allen user so this was a huge step outside my comfort zone. I'm excited to hear them I'm my Paul which is getting a full overhaul all new CTS pots switchcraft toggle and jack. Baby gonna roar..

jags87

I finally got a set of OX4's in my 07 R9 yesterday and wow! I'm super impressed and very happy with them. They replaced an older set of ThroBak SLE 101 LTD's. Please note that this isn't a slight to Jon's pickups at all. I just think that set wasn't what this guitar needed. I'm finding that as I explore tone elements in greater detail that I'm more of an A3/A4 person.

Anyway, the OX4's have opened this guitar up to the potential I always knew it had. This guitar has a nice balanced woody tone and the OX4's just bring it out and let it shine. Crisp and clean in the neck position, middle is sweet, and the bridge clean gets close to Tele twang and with gain it roars and cuts thru like a beast.

Mark was awesome to deal with. He listened to what I was looking for and got them out to me very quickly. These pickups will stay in this guitar.

Hi i was looking for the same sound that you describe for my 08 R0. Do you still use ox4 A3/A4 ? A3 for neck and A4 for bridge ?? Thanks for your answer

JLee

Awesome, awesome pickups! I have a set of standard winds with A5s. Hated A4 in the bridge. Don’t mind A4 in the neck, but just prefer A5 all around.