• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

In memory of Duane Allman.....

tommyindelaware

my first post here. i had the extreme honor and pleasure to be called upon by Galadrielle Allman
and Skoots Lyndon to prep the long stored away cherry burst and tobacco burst duane les pauls at the final new york shows.
happy to answer all questions as time permits. it has ABSOLUTELY re-ignighted a long ago fire for a "good" proper sounding les paul fire that over time diminished by corporate interference with build quality. i forgot how good they felt !!!!!!!!!!!!!
☮ tommy

dragonfire

Welcome Tommy! And thanks for whatever CPR you performed on that amazing guitar!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Great first post Tommy! Give us some details. How were you called upon for such an honor. It had to be spine chilling to be working on those iconic bursts.....

Doc Sausage

I will chase Duane's style all of the rest of my days. And remain perplexed. Used to love to drink me some Michelob beer in those fancy bottles and listen to the Bros on vinyl, circa 1973. Cheers, Skydog.:salude

DHBucker

Thanks Tommy! Can you tell us what you had to do to get them up to show readiness? Did you have to dress frets or just polish, general intonation truus rod stuff? Thanks for any info you will provide. What a great thing for you to be called on to do.

tdarian

Count me also among the heavily influenced. I love that shot of Warren!

tommyindelaware

Great first post Tommy! Give us some details. How were you called upon for such an honor. It had to be spine chilling to be working on those iconic bursts.....

i put a post up in the introduction zone...
i have some pics and vids of the setup days and some playing of the cherry burst and the goldtop, but i don't have a website to host it. suggestions besides photo bucket ?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
i put a post up in the introduction zone...
i have some pics and vids of the setup days and some playing of the cherry burst and the goldtop, but i don't have a website to host it. suggestions besides photo bucket ?

Send me the pics and I'll host them for you. On the videos, upload them to YouTube.:jim

youngneil1

Anyone on LPF who can provide me a high resolution photo of Duane? Preferably with his Cherry Burst:yah

toxpert

Another Duane pic would be great !
I saw the ABB in concert on September 29, 1971. There’s hardly a day go by that I do not think about that band and that show. Sweet Southern music. We need some more of that love these days.

RIP to the original line up: Duane, Barry, Greg, Butch.

Last edited:

bluesforstevie

Another Duane pic would be great !
I saw the ABB in concert on September 29, 1971. There’s hardly a day go by that I do not think about that band and that show. Sweet Southern music. We need some more of that love these days.

RIP to the original line up: Duane, Barry, Greg, Butch.[/

Ooops :salude Must have been a killer show!!

Last edited:

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Still an inspiration to me, more than just the music, too