• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bartlett Retrospec Build WIP photos...

RAG7890

:wow:wow

Great to see your Retrospec has safely arrived Frank. :)

Thanks for the awesome initial review. :eek:la

Cheers, Rudi

mlongano

Beautiful guitar, congratulations!!

It looks like the finish is already checking...is that true?

57gold

Beautiful guitar, congratulations!!

It looks like the finish is already checking...is that true?

Yup...see my post above.

Only relic action is Tom's lacquer job, he recommend it for tone.

garywright

RAG - Thanks. Like the "richness" of that finish. Had been thinking more like this one:

IMG_3113_zps267ba7dc.jpg

who's the lucky owner of this one ? :salude

sinner

Another shot, reveals the peak-a-boo nature of the flame of old growth eastern maple:

IMG_7191_zpsa1c262cb.jpeg

I am really liking the shape of this guitar!

I know this is an old thread, but for the owners of any Bartlett Retrospect guitars, how does it "feel" to you, i. e. the ergonomics? Does it sit on the lap nicely, any different than an LP for instance?

buyusfear

I am really liking the shape of this guitar!

I know this is an old thread, but for the owners of any Bartlett Retrospect guitars, how does it "feel" to you, i. e. the ergonomics? Does it sit on the lap nicely, any different than an LP for instance?

I don't own one, yet, but I have held and played several, and met with Tom, and seen his work and shop in person. Tom is IMO one of the best builders out there and a very knowledgable and overall super kind dude.

Retrospec's sit in the lap and play exactly like you'd want, in that you forget you're not holding an LP.
The knobs and toggle switch location are all right where your instincts take you if you're a seasoned LP player.
I've never felt more at home on any other non-LP guitar.

ppgf

tom is a strong builder and an absolute aces human.

sinner

Thanks, guys for chiming in! I am really in lust with this guitar, I admit it's a physical attraction--it looks so cool--but then I heard that Lance Keltner video of him playing a Black Bartlett Retrospec with a Metropoulos Metro Plex amp and I think it sounds just as good as it looks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlUpEUP_i7g

renderit

Thanks, guys for chiming in! I am really in lust with this guitar, I admit it's a physical attraction--it looks so cool--but then I heard that Lance Keltner video of him playing a Black Bartlett Retrospec with a Metropoulos Metro Plex amp and I think it sounds just as good as it looks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlUpEUP_i7g

I hate Lance Keltner to pieces. He has drained more money out of my friggin' bank account than anybody.

57gold

I hate Lance Keltner to pieces. He has drained more money out of my friggin' bank account than anybody.

Pretty funny!

Considering that Lance seems to be a pretty nice guy.

Could say the same about the LP Forum, The Gear Page, Gbase, and almost every other guitar site on the GD interweb...I blame that one on Senator Al Gore, Jr...who invented it! And I quote the Senator from TN: “During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.”

Last edited: