• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

DONATIONS TO SUPPORT LPF NOW ACCEPTED!

MikeSlub

Administrator
I posted this as an announcement in all Forums, but since we haven't gotten much response I am concluding that folks may not pay attention to announcements but they do look at new threads, so this is another appeal.

Okay, LPF members. When the new ownership was put in place, we told you that that we have spent a considerable sum paying the arrears on hosting fees, ongoing hosting expenses, software upgrades, programming support (now and upcoming), etc.

Many of you offered to make donations to help us keep things going. Well, NOW is your opportunity to do so!

We do not any other source of income at this time. Thus, we would appreciate any donations that you can make to help cover the expenses of the LP Forum.

You can do so by PayPal. Please remit to lespaulforum@aol.com when in PayPal.

If you prefer to send a check, it should be made out to:

Les Paul Forum, Inc. L.L.C.
17044 El Camino Real
Houston, TX 77058-2630

We will also be contacting our dealer/sponsors to renew their support.

Thank you in advance for your support of the LP Forum!

Last edited:

Texas Blues

Sorry Mike but the LPF@aol.com is an email address.

No PayPal link.

How do I give you my cc# for my donation otherwise?

I would rather pm or email you my info direct to you than go thru aol, is that possible?

moonweasel

Texas, Im pretty sure that an email address IS how you send money to someone through pay pal. Its like a username there.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Sorry Mike but the LPF@aol.com is an email address.

No PayPal link.

How do I give you my cc# for my donation otherwise?

I would rather pm or email you my info direct to you than go thru aol, is that possible?

TB, lespaulforum@aol.com is a valid PayPal address for you to send funds. Not LPF@aol.com. Don't know where you saw LPF@aol.com. You sign into your PayPal account and send funds to the lespaulforum@aol.com address. It works, because I tested it with my own money and we have already received a few generous donations.:jim

Last edited:

sunburst1

Mike , don't do PayPal or any of that stuff. Still want to donate a check in the ole' US postal system. Do you have an address or PO box to send a check?

Would be glad to help, love what's been done & would love to contribute. :hippy

wernerg

To Mike, Tom, Charlie, Lily, and "the Silent Partner" --- thanks for keeping the Forum alive!

Keep Pickin'

(... and check your PayPal account)

Werner G

Last edited:

MikeSlub

Administrator
Mike , don't do PayPal or any of that stuff. Still want to donate a check in the ole' US postal system. Do you have an address or PO box to send a check?

Would be glad to help, love what's been done & would love to contribute. :hippy

See above - included an address for checks. :dude:

tdarian

Thanks for the opportunity to help! PayPal'ed 'er in!

sunburst1

Check is in the mail. :jim

Thanks to all the guys and gal who kept this "The place for Les Paul enthusiasts since 1999".:dude:

majorminor

Hi

Just hit the donations tab at the top of the portal page - it takes me to a page with a paypal link, and a link called "Make a Donation to The Les Paul Forum and receive a 2017 Calendar".

When I hit the second link, it takes me to the site of Talon Computers.

Does that mean the link is incorrect, or are all the calendars sold out?

I would like one if still available :)

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Yeah....the promotion ended at the end of 2016.

RhinestoneStrat

What's up with these two previous members getting banned? I don't get it...1 post each and they are out? WTF? I don't know how this forum survives when they just keep banning people...unless it's for a good reason?:dang

MikeSlub

Administrator
What's up with these two previous members getting banned? I don't get it...1 post each and they are out? WTF? I don't know how this forum survives when they just keep banning people...unless it's for a good reason?:dang
Did you notice that both posts were in a thread that hadn't been active since 2017, and both had exactly the same words in both posts? Our moderators look "behind the curtain" at registrations - both are from spambots. :hank

RhinestoneStrat

Did you notice that both posts were in a thread that hadn't been active since 2017, and both had exactly the same words in both posts? Our moderators look "behind the curtain" at registrations - both are from spambots. :hank

Ok...I understand now. Thanks for the clarification my friend and I also like to say this is a very nice forum.:jim

ch willie

I was sleepy this morning, thought this was a new and urgent post, and made a modest donation. But hey! Glad I did it.