• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Snowy White's 57 Goldtop...a piece of rock n' roll history!!!

Stoj

Doesn't get any better than Snowy's GT, Thanks for sharing Charlie :salude

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I find it terribly sad.

This guitar has been with Snowy all over the world for the last 46 years. It was his only electric guitar for the very big part of his life and has his sweat, happiness and sadness all over the top.

Call me nostalgic but I cannot understand this guitar if it is not with Snowy.

Snowy wants to sell it. He has good reasons, and if he chooses to share those reasons [publicly] he will. I won't.

So, would you prefer he burn it? Or what?
Like I said, he wants to, and he knows why.

B

Banker

Great to see the gold paint on the face of the headstock, I didn't know that these were painted that way.

thin sissy

Snowy wants to sell it. He has good reasons, and if he chooses to share those reasons [publicly] he will. I won't.

Of course it's his guitar and he can do whatever he wants with it. But surely us fans are allowed to wish that he would keep it, so that he could continue to make music with it?

I don't think anyone here feels like Snowy owes us anything. We're just beeing nostalgic :)

rufes

Formerly dmartinez

Sure, I am just saying it is very sad for me to see Sanowy parting with his beloved guitar.

Michael Minnis

Great pics, Charlie... as usual. I didn't see the guitar, but I got to spend a little time with Snowy. I agree, what a super nice guy.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Of course it's his guitar and he can do whatever he wants with it. But surely us fans are allowed to wish that he would keep it, so that he could continue to make music with it?

I don't think anyone here feels like Snowy owes us anything. We're just beeing nostalgic :)

Sure, I am just saying it is very sad for me to see Sanowy parting with his beloved guitar.

Sorry if I came off too strongly.
I spoke to Snowy several times this weekend. I know why he's doing it, and it's a personal matter [and not worthy of extended speculation].
I'm sad too, and I am a more recent fan.

I think the best scenario might be that it ends up with someone who uses it [famous or not].
Make your bids if you want it. :hank

thin sissy

I spoke to Snowy several times this weekend. I know why he's doing it, and it's a personal matter [and not worthy of extended speculation].

I think the best scenario might be that it ends up with someone who uses it [famous or not].
Cheers mate! I'll take your word for it, and hope it all works out for Snowy :salude

If I win the lottery I'll place my bid (I think it used to live in Sweden before Snowy bought it?) :peace2

joemags54

"Killer Vintage" is an understatement...... His playing is the epitome of THEE guitar solo...........I would bid on it... just for it's place in history..... ...(and would play it). :salude P.S. as long as the 2 picks come with it...lol

Last edited:

rufes

Formerly dmartinez

Then I wish also he can get good money for it. Unfortunately I am not in that league.

:hank

Aqualung

Thanks for posting. I've been a big fan since his days with Thin Lizzy. Snowy's playing and tone is sublime, and for me his GT is as iconic an LP as Page's Number 1.

Now, if only Gibson would do a CC or artists run of Snowy's GT I'd be in like Flynn.

Mats A

Great picks! I really like Snowy. He is a fantastic guitar player. I saw him back in the 80´s with Thin Lizzy and with Roger Waters playing The Wall a couple of years ago. Back in the 80´s when he was with Thin Lizzy my brother wrote him a letter and got a personal reply. That speaks a lot for what a nice guy he is.

barks mckay

Great Player. I grew up on The Isle of Wight and it was a major buzz for all us young musos when he came back to play his home turf. I saw him around 87/88 - can't remember exactly what year - but the Goldtop was there.