• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Snowy White's 57 Goldtop...a piece of rock n' roll history!!!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
At the Arlington show, I had the opportunity to meet and photograph Snowy White and his magnificent 1957 Goldtop. A big thanks to my buddy Dave Hinson of Killer Vintage(and Heritage Auction) fame for setting it up.

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20404-X2.jpg

This guitar is ridiculously cool. As I was photographing it, I was thinking of all the Pink Floyd and Thin Lizzy tunes that it had played that were such a huge part of my growing up. Snowy could not have been nicer. When Dave returns from the show, he is going to email me his interview notes with Snowy which I will reproduce here. In the interview, Snowy goes into lurid detail about the Goldtop. For now, please enjoy this incredible instrument that is literally dripping with rock n' roll history!:jim

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20379-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20360-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20359-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20382-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20390-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20420-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20427-X2.jpg

Arlington%20Guitar%20Show%20448-X2.jpg

TM1

Holy Batshit CD... That's just as cool as it gets!
Thanks!:applaude :applaude :applaude :applaude

thin sissy

Thank you for these! Possibly my favorite "famous" guitar.

Do you know if he is still trying to sell it?

CDaughtry

Yes....it's going to be in the Heritage Auction in early November.

T.Allen

Very cool CD! Dave has a cache of vintage tweeds for those looking.

Looking forward to the rest of your photos from the show. I don't want to ruin it fore anybody, but the one Burst I saw at TW's booth should be awesome! She looked very photogenic. Actually, they all did, but this one in particular should really pop in the light.

tonyfrancis

Thanks so much for taking these great pics and posting them. Snowy is one of my all time favorites and the older I get, the more I love his music. The White Flames records are amazing. :dude:

rufes

Formerly dmartinez
I find it terribly sad.

This guitar has been with Snowy all over the world for the last 46 years. It was his only electric guitar for the very big part of his life and has his sweat, happiness and sadness all over the top.

Call me nostalgic but I cannot understand this guitar if it is not with Snowy.

At the end it is all about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

Thurbert

Incredible, some places on her look like the dark side of the moon. Perfect.

BCR/Greg

Les Paul Forum Member and Host of Guitar Shop
What's the story on the low logo and the lack of kluson holes on the back of the headstock?

CDaughtry

I guess we'll all have to wait around until Dave sends me his interview with Snowy to have answers to those questions!:jim

Haggard hotness, in all of its magnificently detailed cragginess!

Weren't additional numbers stamped into the top edge of fifties Gibson headstocks, on some guitars that were destined for export? I seem to remember one that was shown on here, that had been shipped to Canada (but, then, that might have also had a "Made in U.S.A." stamp).

Maybe all will be revealed in the interview.