• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Introducing the "Other Gibson of the Month" feature and its new Host!!!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
We are VERY excited to introduce what we believe is going to be a very informative and fun new feature called "Other Gibson of the Month" which will feature, every month, a very cool Gibson, it's owner and the back story to the guitar and the hunt to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Tom could start this Other Gibson of the Month feature with a thread on this cool guitar. :ganz

917_p31630.jpg

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
Tom could start this Other Gibson of the Month feature with a thread on this cool guitar. :ganz

917_p31630.jpg

MMmmm, a hot, blond Georgette Gobel. Not that there would be anything wrong with that. :hank

ourmaninthenorth

This is a great idea. :salude

Looking forward to the inaugural feature. Kudos to Tom for taking this on. :applaude :peace2

CDaughtry

Guys,

As this feature progresses, we'd like to feature our members' guitars and their stories behind them. Thus, get in contact with Tom with pictures and the guitar's backstory!:yah

I think this will be a great way to build community.:jim

Michael Minnis

This is awesome, Charlie. So excited Tom will be hosting. I second Tom W's suggestion. Starting with that beautiful, blonde, svelte L5 CES is a great idea! What a fabulous guitar!

TomGuitar

Hey guys, thrilled to do it.

Charlie had asked for a different first Other Gibson of the Month than what TW suggested, but I like TW's idea better. Sorry Charlie. Give me a couple of days though to get it up. Oh wait, that's not what I mean. I mean to get it posted. I'm swamped at work right now because I lost 2 weeks to open heart surgery. I needed a new valve. All is well but I'm still catching up.

And as Charlie says, I'm going to need some help here, so send photos and stories and they will get featured.

CDaughtry

Hey guys, thrilled to do it.

Charlie had asked for a different first Other Gibson of the Month than what TW suggested, but I like TW's idea better. Sorry Charlie. Give me a couple of days though to get it up. Oh wait, that's not what I mean. I mean to get it posted. I'm swamped at work right now because I lost 2 weeks to open heart surgery. I needed a new valve. All is well but I'm still catching up.

And as Charlie says, I'm going to need some help here, so send photos and stories and they will get featured.

18sixmf5a05vojpg.jpg

JimR56

Looking forward to this. At some point I hope I can offer something myself.

Tom, glad your surgery went well. I just had an ablation procedure (for atrial fibrillation), which is way easier than what you went through, but I'm still recovering. Take care, and be well!

RAB

Can't wait to feast our eyes and learn related ES facts from Tom's column! Right boys?! :hank

58dutchie

Hi Tom, I hope you recovered well and you are feeling better now! You are welcome to use my new '54 'teaburst' ES-5! :)

TM1

So..? What happened to the OGotM? I only see the one here..