• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Beauty of The Black Beauty - The "Alnico" Custom thread

zhivago

Here is a photo of a '56...

1_zpstoiotr1p.jpg

Last edited:

akkermanfan

to celebrate the fact that this thread just hit 88,888 views :peace2 here is a great '56 that used to have a bigsby by at some point, it seems.

Hi zhivago,
First of all congratulations with your very beautiful and interesting thread ! It is wonderful of you that you may share all this information, photograpic material and years of research, with many others loving the Black Beauty Alnico guitar ! :)May I ask you please, do you have some more background information about this 1956 Les Paul Custom ? Can you let me know ?
Thanks a lot, akkermanfan

zhivago

to celebrate the fact that this thread just hit 88,888 views :peace2 here is a great '56 that used to have a bigsby by at some point, it seems.

Hi zhivago,
First of all congratulations with your very beautiful and interesting thread ! It is wonderful of you that you may share all this information, photograpic material and years of research, with many others loving the Black Beauty Alnico guitar ! :)May I ask you please, do you have some more background information about this 1956 Les Paul Custom ? Can you let me know ?
Thanks a lot, akkermanfan

Hi there, many thanks!

Which post number is it? The quote above is broken so I can’t see the guitar in question :jim

zhivago

Hi zhivago, sorry I didn't mention it, but the post number is #525. I should be very very pleased if you could find some more information about this guitar...
Thanks and friendly regards, akkermanfan

Ok, this is an interesting guitar...I have photos from four different sales/owners....it looks like it's been around.

I have three sets of photos that are from "normal" owners, and then two photos from when it was on sale on a US auction house. That auction was in 2015.

The serial number I have on file is 612355.

I hope this helps a bit.

Many times owners don't mention much on these Customs so usually all I have is the pictures. I have many sets that I don't even know the serial numbers :(

zhivago

Carrying on with the magical year, that was 1956, here is Highway Star's latest acquisition, a wonderful looking '56 Black Beauty!

Great condition, and I am sure it sounds incredible!

Many thanks for the photos Magnus, I am honoured to add it to the thread, and also to my BB archives. :salude

1_zps5nehpxra.jpg

2_zpsltammdxf.jpg

:jim

Last edited:

akkermanfan

Ok, this is an interesting guitar...I have photos from four different sales/owners....it looks like it's been around.

I have three sets of photos that are from "normal" owners, and then two photos from when it was on sale on a US auction house. That auction was in 2015.

The serial number I have on file is 612355.

I hope this helps a bit.

Many times owners don't mention much on these Customs so usually all I have is the pictures. I have many sets that I don't even know the serial numbers :(

Thank you very much for your info ! Strange that this guitar has had various owners... I guess one reason may be that eventually the guitar not fully meets the expectations of the buyer, so that he sells it again ? I understand that the power of money unfortunately also may play a role. For me a good guitar is a keeper and is to be loved for a lifetime... Cheers !

zhivago

Here's a cool ad from 1956...

1_zpsbblrq6yt.jpg

:yah

Last edited:

zhivago

I'll show off a bit...here's a photo of my '56 BB :jim

1_zpsfl2e55kl.jpg

Last edited:

RSVG&A

Here are my girls... 1955 & 1956 , and just for good measure , a 1958 as well :dude:

IMG_8760.jpgIMG_8756.jpgIMG_9944.jpgIMG_1719.jpgIMG_1669.jpg

zhivago

Guitarpoint released this cool comparison video, featuring a '55... :jim

1958 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop vs. 1955 Gibson Les Paul Custom