• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Beauty of The Black Beauty - The "Alnico" Custom thread

thin sissy

Steve How from Yes is selling his '56...he has had this one for years. From the description it sounds that at some point it was routed for hum buckers, but it has been restored to original spec now.
i recently saw a rig rundown video of YES and Steve showed a P-90 Customn that he used for the faster playing, because it was easier to play on the LP than on his hollowbodies. I wonder if it was this one :hmm

zhivago

wow! I've never seen that shot of Mick before! Many thanks for posting it!! :salude

1_zpssls0eofg.jpg

Last edited:

zhivago

i recently saw a rig rundown video of YES and Steve showed a P-90 Customn that he used for the faster playing, because it was easier to play on the LP than on his hollowbodies. I wonder if it was this one :hmm

I saw that a while back too...it probably is the same one :)

zhivago

Looks like the Hollies rocked with a LP Custom back in the day :jim

zhivago

A great looking '55 just popped up at Rumbleseat!

Check it out:

1_zps5wstoxgn.jpeg

2_zpsma2sqeu4.jpg

3_zpspr4cr8lo.jpg

:headbange

Last edited:

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Steve How from Yes is selling his '56...he has had this one for years. From the description it sounds that at some point it was routed for hum buckers, but it has been restored to original spec now.

20180927231449-d65fabf2-me.jpg

20180927231451-d7340d36-me.png

A Les Paul Custom wired for quadraphonic sound? That sounds bonkers. Here's a photo of the guitar (second from right) -- how did he plug it in for quad?

271b14f2aa7429c41e6d031df4fef3de--steve-howe-guitar-collection.jpg

zhivago

Apologies fro the image links being dead, gents.

I host all photos on my site, which has been hacked.

As it stands it's not looking to good. I may have to re-build this thread, which will probably take me weeks, if not months. :(

Just bare with me, I am trying my best,

El Gringo

Apologies fro the image links being dead, gents.

I host all photos on my site, which has been hacked.

As it stands it's not looking to good. I may have to re-build this thread, which will probably take me weeks, if not months. :(

Just bare with me, I am trying my best,
I am so sorry to hear that . I just love all the super great work that you have done and really appreciate your fine work and look forward to when you are back to providing the wonderful photos and videos and knowledge that you so graciously provide .

zhivago

I am so sorry to hear that . I just love all the super great work that you have done and really appreciate your fine work and look forward to when you are back to providing the wonderful photos and videos and knowledge that you so graciously provide .

Thank you so much for the kind words, I am trying to have them restored...lets see how I get on

zhivago

Ok, looks like I managed to restore most images...the ones on this last page are now lost unfortunately, but I will dig through my archives and try and get them back.

At least the vast majority is now back on...I am so glad to see those Black Beauties back on my screen! :salude

zhivago

Ok, just got the hang of this restoring business...all the images are now back online! :salude

zhivago

We are back ON! Chuck says so! :jim

1_zpsawrtdvvt.jpg

Last edited: