• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

YouTube Video Post How To on LPF

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I finally am able to post video here on the LPF and I thought others would find this useful. So if you ever want to post youtube videos here is what has worked for me.

Okay this is goofy but here is how you get a video on the forum.

1. Make a post with no video and actually post it , with no video!
2. Find your video on youtube and click share then embed and the embed code will appear.
3. Copy the entire iframe code that comes up after you click embed on youtube (not the old code, the newer iframe code appears to be the default, the older code will not work).
4. Go back to edit your original post and paste the iframe code right into the body of the post as if you were pasting normal text. No need to add any other code.
5. Save the edit and the video should show up.

Note, the video only works when you edit a post that was already posted. It will not work any other from what I have tried.

This is Kid Andersen playing the ThroBak '55/'56-SB P90 set with the middle positions tone out of phase.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WP7QYFzxBJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Note, I edited the above post immediately to add the iframe video code so you won't see an edit time but I did have to add the iframe code as an edit after I posted initially without the video code.

Update. This method did not work in the Jamzone just now.

Last edited:

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I must admit, I kinda lost you after "Make a post with no video..."

I know it sounds stupid but post the text you want for the video first without the code. then once that is posted add the youtube video code by editing the post.

What is even stranger is it sometimes works the first time if you add the code from the start and not as an edit. But it always seems to work if you add the iframe code as an edit.

I'll try posting this cool clip of Allen Hinds playing a Throbak SLE-101 Plus set at the Baked Potato and see if it takes without an edit.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/92Cuatf_Z1E?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Last edited:

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Okay so that time it worked by just adding the iframe code in the initial post, no edit! Try it both ways.

Remember you are copying and pasting the youtube iframe code after clicking share and embed for the video on youtube. You are not copying the URL web address. Just the iframe code is pasted directly on the the text body of the post.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VLjrJdT0Nec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T.Allen

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Azkef2lXW88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First try without edit.

ourmaninthenorth

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x91a9Tt5_xQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With edit. Didn't work without.

Pretty easy once you do it once, great work jwalker. :)

Texas Blues

Once y'all work it out in terms that I can understand can y'all post a sticky?

Edit.

Don't edit.

I'm still confusimated.

ourmaninthenorth

TB. Here goes.

Go to the youtube page.

Hit the share button - that'll give you 3 options, share -embed - email.

Hit the Embed button, it'll then give you something that starts like this ....<iframe width=.....

Right click the long code, and select copy. Come back here to your post and right click again and select paste.

Your video will appear.

Sounds complicated, but give it a try?

Wiggy

All Access/Backstage Pass
Once y'all work it out in terms that I can understand can y'all post a sticky?

Edit.

Don't edit.

I'm still confusimated.
Right click on a video you like
select "get embed code"............copy that (right click again on that stuff in the box)
Paste it here :salude

ourmaninthenorth

Don't know what's happened to my post #12, half the dialogue is missing, and it won't let me edit it... No matter Texas Blues, others have explained it the same way as I was trying to...

:##

ourmaninthenorth

Something strange is going on here XW, in my post #12 I can't edit at all (as though I'm trying to edit someone else's post ) I go down to the little status button, and it tells me xpensive wino is offline. The internet thingymabob thinks I'm you!!!! I've only just managed to get my personalities down to single digit figures....and this bloomin place is adding to me problems...it's a bloody outrage is wot it is... :laugh2: :laugh2: :##

Xpensive Wino

The internet thingymabob thinks I'm you!!!!

hFAEA52ED

tdarian

Thanks. I'll try.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-6_WztiUM6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hello, tdarian here demonstrating that I can indeed edit to this post! 10/5/14

Last edited: