• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I think I found Beano

JJ Blair

Look at a couple things that are similar here. First, over all, look at the way the grain runs into the center seam below the bridge on both guitars. The angle and the location is the same. I can't rule out the inlays either. Beyond that, there are a couple identifying marks I find similar. First, this little blister circle in between the knobs.

beano1_zpsba26fbcd.jpg

beano2_zpsda406b9a.jpg

And the dark grain line under the tone knob.

beano3_zps9f1196c2.jpg

beano4_zpsa021fd39.jpg

Squiggle grain by the pickup ring.

beano5_zps836397ea.jpg

beano6_zpsd5bc4fda.jpg

It's 0 2183.

Thoughts?

JJ Blair

Except ... I don't see evidence of Grovers on 0 2183. You decide.

shred

Heh.. Maybe someone was REALLY good at filling in the old grover holes... You might be on to something :biggrin:

JJ Blair

Well, as long as you can compensate on the ferrule hole, the grover screw hole goes into the Kluson lower hole.

hoss

Could very well be. Some small spots and grain lines match with pics of Beano.

Great, JJ!

JJ Blair

Whoever owns that guitar, if I'm right and you sell it for a million bucks, I want a cut! LOL.

JJ Blair

Mr. Clapton's solicitors will be in touch....

Statute of limitations, I believe. If I found out that I owned Beano, I would contact him first, however. But that's just me. I ran this scenario through my head when there was a chance the guitar I just bought might be Beano, util I saw her in person.

Xpensive Wino

I ran this scenario through my head when there was a chance the guitar I just bought might be Beano, until I saw her in person.

So you admit that you've seen Beano in person and have knowledge of its present whereabouts? :spabout

JJ Blair

So you admit that you've seen Beano in person and have knowledge of its present whereabouts? :spabout

No, Mike. I mean the guitar I just bought, 0 2165. I could not rule out she was NOT Beano, until I saw that guitar in person. From the pictures I had before I flew to pick up the guitar, I could not rule out the possibility that she was Beano, and apparently, I'm not the only person to whom that occurred.

Banker, thanks. I don't know who owns the guitar in question, so I guess I have no concerns. LOL.

hoss

Inlays look off, but maybe the shadows from the strings are making dark lines on the old B/W pics.

JJ Blair

"What an awesome looking burst. Why was it called the Fogerty burst? Did he own it I gather?"

"Yes, he did. He then sold it to Gruhn Guitars a while back. Don't know anything about its prior history, but maybe others here might. "

Well, now we know the answer. If George Gruhn reads this thread, he might have a fucking myocardial infarction.