• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I think I found Beano

ourmaninthenorth

:laugh2: Our tour (rugby) went through there. Reeeeaal quiet, we could hear the M1 about 5 miles away.

That's the one Guy. I'm reliably informed the locals cheer every time the traffic lights change...:laugh2:

If Beano is there, it won't be UV responsible for the top fade. it'll be boredom.

MAD 69

Troll much? You already knew the answer, so why did you ask?
After 2700 posts I figured you would understand the purpose of a discussion board but apparently not in your case. I have 2 friggin posts on this site and I get called a troll - that has to be a new record...

ourmaninthenorth

After 2700 posts I figured you would understand the purpose of a discussion board but apparently not in your case. I have 2 friggin posts on this site and I get called a troll - that has to be a new record...

So you ask a question, then answer it yourself with baseless supposition and rudeness.

You're not breaking any records, par for the course in your brand of discussion.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I have 2 friggin posts on this site and I get called a troll - that has to be a new record...

No, it's not a record. And if that was your first post, you would only tie the record. :hee

Meanwhile, Joe has written about that statement a few times here. Maybe you will find those posts if you search.
As for him actually having Beano, I seriously doubt that [unless he got it in the past day or two].

Oh, and by the way, how would you [or anyone] prove any Burst to be Beano? :hmm

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
I don't think it'd be any fun to own Beano at all..........you'd be labelled a miscreant if it ever came to light:dang
How would you squirm your way out of that one.

I own it. I refinished the top black just to avoid the hassle
blacktop.jpg

Big Al

Come on, bub! Discussion wasn't your motive. When no one took your bait you let loose with the bashing bullshit which was what you hoped to generate. Trolling is exactly what your doing. Good luck with your miserable self, it's got to be challenging.:##:##:##

JJ Blair

I have a feeling that if Joe owned it, he would have showed it to me by now, and I have yet to see it. Therefore, I think it's safe to assume that Joe doesn't own Beano.

Bruce R

This may sound silly. Is it just me, or does Eric's "Beano" appear to have an off-center top joint? In the blown-up image that started this thread, and a photo of EC sitting on stage of a Mayall gig, it looks like the joint is slightly off-center and lower, using the stop tailpiece as reference. Time to grab my guitar and practice rather than obsess on this stuff.

mistersnappy

Beano is the mythical white whale to us Ahabs. All in good fun, gents.:salude

MAD 69

Has it ever really been confirmed that it was stolen in the first place? Clapton himself can't remember much about this period - look at the 335 he put up for auction, he didn't remember when or where he bought it. It could be he sold it for smack or whatever drugs he was on at the time and forgot all about it.

mistersnappy

Has it ever really been confirmed that it was stolen in the first place? Clapton himself can't remember much about this period - look at the 335 he put up for auction, he didn't remember when or where he bought it. It could be he sold it for smack or whatever drugs he was on at the time and forgot all about it.

*Contemporaneous* accounts by Clapton say it was stolen. If it was a lie or drug induced it would be pretty remarkable to keep repeating it for the last 50 years.

Re: 335. I don't know where you get your information but, his auctioning that guitar was about as painful as Brownie and Blackie. It was the oldest he'd owned (since the Yardbirds). I'll give him a pass on not remembering the music store.