• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I think I found Beano

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
0 1939

main.php

main.php

But the inlays?

Yes, the inlays look different in these two photos, and neither look like the Beano inlays. :wah

So, it must be Beano! :ganz

asapmaz

Not Beano, imo.
Beano's got a larger gap between the end of the fretboard and the neck pickup ring.
Before you say the rings could have gotten changed, the screw hole for the pickguard is also lower with respect to the 22nd fret on Beano.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Look at a couple things that are similar here. First, over all, look at the way the grain runs into the center seam below the bridge on both guitars. The angle and the location is the same. I can't rule out the inlays either. Beyond that, there are a couple identifying marks I find similar. First, this little blister circle in between the knobs.

beano1_zpsba26fbcd.jpg

beano2_zpsda406b9a.jpg

And the dark grain line under the tone knob.

beano3_zps9f1196c2.jpg

beano4_zpsa021fd39.jpg

Squiggle grain by the pickup ring.

beano5_zps836397ea.jpg

beano6_zpsd5bc4fda.jpg

It's 0 2183.

Thoughts?
I still think you are right on the money

MAD 69

Has there been any updates on the location of "Beano"? Whatever became of Joe Bonamassa claiming he knew who has it? I couldn't find anything online about it...

T.Allen

If anybody knows where it is, and there may be a few who do, nobody is going to say.

MAD 69

Why would Bonamassa even bring it up? He sounds like a 6 year old, "I know where it's at but I'm not telling"? I believe Bonamassa owns it now, he probably slipped up in the interview, saying it's somewhere on the east coast - probably in his own collection.

hoss

Consensus is: It's still in England with the thief.

Xpensive Wino

Why would Bonamassa even bring it up? He sounds like a 6 year old, "I know where it's at but I'm not telling"? I believe Bonamassa owns it now, he probably slipped up in the interview, saying it's somewhere on the east coast - probably in his own collection.

tenor.gif

:rolleyes

T.Allen

Troll much? You already knew the answer, so why did you ask?

AA00475Bassman

Lot's of Trolling & Baiting on here lately ! I hope who owns this guitar enjoys playing a Iconic Les Paul . IMO letting the public know would be a daily hassle probably diminish a lot of the fun of ownership .

goldtop0

Lot's of Trolling & Baiting on here lately ! I hope who owns this guitar enjoys playing a Iconic Les Paul . IMO letting the public know would be a daily hassle probably diminish a lot of the fun of ownership .

I don't think it'd be any fun to own Beano at all..........you'd be labelled a miscreant if it ever came to light:dang
How would you squirm your way out of that one.

Triplet

Beano is living comfortably with a well-known musician in Milton Keynes. At least that's what I heard 20 some years ago.:salude