• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I think I found Beano

T.Allen

The comment has the undertones of the usual vilification of the wealthy, "guitars in the vault", "corksniffer" , etc.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
This guitar is more likely than not in the collection of the NYC billionaire collector and will never see the light of day again. Even though the statue of limitations has run out - he doesn't want to have to give it back(as he has done on a previous occasion)

How do you know what he "doesn't want to do"?
Do you even know him at all [or even his name]? :wah

NYCBURST

How do you know what he "doesn't want to do"?
Do you even know him at all [or even his name]? :wah

I concur, that's why I posted about that being a "libelous statement", Apparently he know's this man's thought's and feelings. Impressive.

mistersnappy

You would need a much better picture than the black and white one that's here to prove anything.. Although that little flat spot on the poker chip is intriguing on both guitars, but my god, to look at an old black and white picture and try to match grain lines, that is very thin evidence.

Does that guitar have or show evidence of Grovers?

scovell001

I don't think its the guitar pictured above. I've downloaded the image from the National Potrait Gallery and 'tweaked' it as much as I could in P-shop.

If someone can get me the original neg, I have an 8000dpi drum scanner.

canvas.jpg

NYCBURST

And now suddenly, there is a big black mark under the tailpiece in this picture, where did that come from? lol

goldtop0

I concur, that's why I posted about that being a "libelous statement", Apparently he know's this man's thought's and feelings. Impressive.

No need for any legalese/fatuous posts re this.
It's a forum for discussion and thoughts about guitars, with give and take noted and dotted here and there........ nothing more nothing less, the title of this thread is enigmatic enough for goodness sake.

Last edited:

Zinc Alloy

That scanned version and the one attached here are the highest resolution available (online), the spot is also visible from this alternate angle below. Most other versions out there are pixelated from small files that have been upsized so that causes detail and grain to blur or soften. If it wasn't on both photos I'd say it could be a blemish on the negative or print but that's unlikely. http://www.snapgalleries.com/product/david-wedgbury-eric-clapton-recording/
Someone might have thought it was a a blemish on the negative and touched up that spot in the other versions of this image.