• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Linny 9 1948...Anatomy of a Road Warrior!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
This wonderful burst, Linny(Serial No. 9 1948) is visiting the Daughtry household for a while. What a great guitar. Aren't all of the ones that have been well played? It's overcast here today, but I still did my best to shoot some shots of it. I'll keep updating this thread as I take more pictures, but for now.....introducing Linny!:jim

9%201948%20012-X2.jpg

9%201948%20001-X2.jpg

9%201948%20004-X2.jpg

9%201948%20015-X2.jpg

T.Allen

Great looking guitar Charlie! Are those nibs I am seeing on the last 5 frets? :bug

I wouldn't expect to see original frets on that guitar.

Vic DaPra

Sometimes you just get the feeling that some of these guitars are gonna sound and play great....like this one for instance..I love the look of this one...thanks Charlie...how about some more pics please !!

Michael Minnis

Great pics, Charlie. I agree with Vic. This one looks like it's going to light up an amplifier.

Xpensive Wino

CD, please...some photo tips...your guitar pictures are the best in the world. :salude

goldtop0

Thanks Charlie.........and can you tell what the neck is like..........chunky or just so?

sunburst1

That's one awesome example for sure. :salude

Love everything about it. The coloration is perfectly faded , IMO

The Bigsby must have been taken off decades ago , because there barley any discoloration where it once was. :hank

The ideal 'burst in every way. Can you give us any details on its history.

Someone played & loved this guitar for a long time, it must have some serious music/history ingrained into the wood , besides the wonderful top. :salude :dude:

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
To answer some of your questions....yes those are nibs, but I think it has been refretted. Can't tell for sure. If it was, the guy did a REALLY good job. There is significant wear on them in the cowboy chord area.
The neck is on the smaller side of the 59 scale, but is really, really nice. With much of the finish rubbed off on the back from playing, it feels fantastic.
The bridge pickup is to die for. The middle sounds great as well. Right now, the neck is a little "woofy" for my taste, but I'm sure a bit of tweaking will dial that one in quite nicely. The middle position sounds so good with the way it is right now, I hate to mess with it!
Just a killer guitar. Feels like an old broken in pair of your favorite jeans.:teeth

JC_blues

I remember that guitar on ebay.
Perfect color and Mojo. Killer!!
Looks like it has been sold.
JC

JC_blues

I discussed with the seller about the guitar, he was OK for a fast deal at 165k. He told me there were already some people interested. Don't know if it was true or not at that time. Looks like the guitar moved quickly after.

buyusfear

Man that thing is pure bad ass.
Rode hard and put away wet.

Killer photos CD, as always.

Love the greening. So sublime.

Any chance of some headstock and back of neck photos?
Curious to see the wear.

Big Al

Great as always, Mr D!

Not only can I see how well it must play and sound, I think I can smell it.:hank