• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Let's Try This With a Strat

MikeSlub

Administrator
He doesn't speak to documentation of the return to Fender for repainting....hmmm.....:hmm

troyad

Ok....So it's a refinished mid-late 59 strat. I really don't care if fender refinished it or not. I had a very late 59/early 60 that was a similar deal. Super clean, no fret wear etc...but at some point whoever owned it decided they liked Lake Placid Blue. I paid $10k for that one a couple years ago so I'd say the BIN price is about $35k optimistic.

Last edited:

Three13

I'm confused as to what the extra hole is in the neck pickup route. I also think that the neck would have picked up more red from being in contact with that neck pocket for 50 years. Something like this:

54neck_zpsdad5e425.jpg

54pocket_zpsb36791b8.jpg

Pat Boyack

It's way too clean for the case too. The bridge and frets look hardly touched.

In the description it says that the matching '59 Bassman was bought by Ed King. I know he is a member here. Maybe he can chime in.