• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Carvin DC150

Don

I never thought I'd show this guitar here, and it probably won't be very popular, but here's my '08 Carvin DC150.

It's a little funny looking in pics (though it looks fine from my viewpoint while I'm playing it) but it plays like a dream and sounds great.

The through neck and wings are mahogany, the top is maple, the fretboard is ebony and the frets are stainless steel.
All those things, along with the lower output Carvin Pickups, sounds like a recipe for a bright guitar but it's pretty warm yet articulate.

The ebony fretboard with stainless steel frets plays like butter and the frets show absolutely no wear.

The playability gets me through rough times when old wrist injuries flair up.

The only thing that I don't like about is is the lack of individual volume and tone pots. I tried stacked pots but the taper was horrible.

Best of all, I bought this guitar used for just a little over $400- shipped!
dc150_spring_2013.jpg

rays44

I had one of their guitars in the early '90's. I forget the model but it was all maple with an ebony board. Absolutely flawless construction. I ruined it with a Kahler. :## . Funny, I feel they're on par with PRS build quality, but they never caught on.