• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How about a little vintage Fender love?

RAB

I'll start.

Here's my 61 Shoreline Gold.:jim

Shorline%20Gold%2061%20Strat%20002-X2.jpg

Shorline%20Gold%2061%20Strat%20009-X3.jpg

Shorline%20Gold%2061%20Strat%20015-X2.jpg

Wow, those pups are way down on the deck on the bass side!

57gold

Adore Shoreline Gold...and yours is in great shape! Tried to find a clean and guaranteed original (lots of counterfeits out there), but no luck.

Guessing you don't use pure nickel strings, which seem to require bringing the bass side of the pick ups more in line with the treble.

57gold

Took a couple of photos with newer iPhone of my 1964 when I took her out to play this week at BBQ Bar Jam:

QWkXAsb.jpg

pNjM4FC.jpg

One guy in the audience asked, "what's up with the translucent pick guard?" and, "Is that an old one?"

latestarter

So much for not being a Strat man, as I decided to announce in this thread a couple of years ago.

My early '64 refin back to original Fiesta Red. Everything else on this guitar is so clean.

V5ZGjmb.jpg

jNG550w.jpg

2n8kpoc.jpg

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I love that fiesta red!

My latest build is very similar. I used a slab-board with a two pat. number decal!

latestarter

Oh - I recall that one. I thought you meant you were building a Strat with two Pat No Gibson pickups :##

J T

:dude::dude::dude::dude: Yeah there's a dream guitar right there! :yah

Took a couple of photos with newer iPhone of my 1964 when I took her out to play this week at BBQ Bar Jam:

QWkXAsb.jpg

pNjM4FC.jpg

One guy in the audience asked, "what's up with the translucent pick guard?" and, "Is that an old one?"