• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How about a little vintage Fender love?

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Here's one of my 54 Strats.....:jim

54%20Stratocaster%20023-X2.jpg

When someone says "ONE of my '54 Strats", you know that's a good thing
:)

kharrison

Here's one i had a few years ago. 1953 Telecaster, autographed, bought from Nacho and featured in his superb book 'BLACKGUARD'.

I would be horrified if someone put ink on a blackguard but since it is Keith, then....:dude:

garywright

I also prefer the Sunbursts, 3-Tone in particular. I think they can be divided up into "eras", the early '60s being my favorite. They have a wide band of red.

I agree Cogs ...the wide red does it for me too ! ...here's a pic of my '63.

bern1

All nice! Here's my daily driver in its' original 1960 home...

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Joe B. asked me to post these for him. This first pic is the guitars that he and Kirk Fletcher were jamming on in preparation for his Red Rocks concert, and the 2nd one is his original black maple neck, next to Clapton's original Blackie!:dude:

Joe%20B.%201-X2.jpg

Joe%20B.%202-X2.jpg

Joe...jump in and give us some details!:yah

JBLPplayer

Thanks CD!!
First picture is of my guitar/amp and general geekdom room when a great blues guitarist Kirk Fletcher and I sat and woodshedded some Howlin Wolf and Muddy Tunes..
Second picture is when Guitar Center was so cool as to break out their black Stratocaster in trade to see the first Black Stratocaster ever made that myself and the ATC own jointly..

What a day/days of good ole fashion Fullerton Fun!!

Joe B:salude :salude

PS..
First picture..
55 Howard Reed Strat, 65 Kirk's guitar, 63 Blonde over ash, 65 Lake Placid Blue, and a 72 Shoreline Tele...

Second Picture.
55 Howard Reed Strat and some black guitar formerly owned by an obscure English guitarist.. Eric.. something..

p5_uf4iptgqo_so.jpg
the '53 esquire just flew the coup yesterday, to some fruitcake called charlie. here's the thing...it didn't weight very much. a sweetheart of the rodeo.

the stratocaster in the can has some slight water damage on the body (part of the reason it's been relegated to the can) here's the thing...like myself, production on that one began in 1955 but it didn't roll off the production line (like myself) until feb. of '56. BOTH the neck AND body are dated 2/56. that's me.

hey y'all's

the '55 stratocaster on the right; here's the thing... tonefucking believable sounding.

mbowen

Hi Gil in the mirror.I downsized this Gilvis just so people can see it a little easier,hope that is ok??

roadrunner

Bought this, from the original owner, walking it into the Dallas Show, I think around '84 or '85...

50_Broadcaster_1.jpg

A '60, also bought from the original owner. All the case candy, receipt of sale and the payment booklet... (sorry for the big picture)

60_Tele_1.jpg

IMG_0246.JPG

I've got a ton more of 'em, I'll post 'em when I get a chance.