• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD J-45 Cobraburst

Trans-Am

Just took in a NOS 2013 Cobra Burst myself a few weeks ago. Man does she plays and sound loud/deep with clarity in all string notes, well evenly balanced. I think this could have been easily a CUSTOM SHOP model if it weren't for the Cobra Burst that is being disliked. However it goes, I have read somewhere that this model has since been discontinued since last year with only less than 100 made? Say try 75?:hmm

Just fits right in between CS Hummingbird and the J-35.:ganz

Will post pictures and clips soon! Is this thread dead in the water else where here? :peace2

Trans

GotTheSilver

Just took in a NOS 2013 Cobra Burst myself a few weeks ago. Man does she plays and sound loud/deep with clarity in all string notes, well evenly balanced. I think this could have been easily a CUSTOM SHOP model if it weren't for the Cobra Burst that is being disliked. However it goes, I have read somewhere that this model has since been discontinued since last year with only less than 100 made? Say try 75?:hmm

Just fits right in between CS Hummingbird and the J-35.:ganz

Will post pictures and clips soon! Is this thread dead in the water else where here? :peace2

Trans

Congrats! Gibson Montana is really making great guitars these days.

Trans-Am

Congrats! Gibson Montana is really making great guitars these days.

Thanks! But it's been a hit and miss lately as you/we all know what Gibson is going through these days. I know the p/g is off whack like some/lot of the 45's out there across the versions, but I'm fine with it as I can always moved/swap them out later as well.

Just playin' around with the Cobra! : http://chirb.it/ExCxwC :2cool Playing sucks, but you get the idea.:##

Last edited:

rockabilly69

My first full body Gibson acoustic. Only other Gibson acoustic I own is my RJ L-1.:hank

Congrats on your new J45. That burst looks great. If there's one thing Gibson knows how to do is spray a burst! And the striped rosewood on that bridge looks great!

Because I play acoustic guitar for a living I have tried out many different brands and models, and after all these years (17 years of over 250 gigs a year), I find I like the J45 the best. My current gigger is a 2015 J45 50's reissue which has already been re-fretted once! There's just something I love about the way my voice sits in the pocket of song where I'm playing a J45. The last five songs I've written have been on my 1964 J45, as a matter of fact it just sits on a stand right next to some microphones ready to go!!!

On this song, I'm playing my J45 for the rhythm and slide track....

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/hearts-turned-away

and another, listen how the J45 sits right in there with my Wurlitzer 200s piano and P-bass....

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/the-rockin-and-reelin-dan-korene-and-shane

Here's my gigger...

3vyVrzV.jpg

My recording J45...

hI6z4Sx.jpg

J T

Yeah!

That guitar sounds great. Nice recordings cool.

If you don't mid me asking, do you use a U47 for your voice while playing? What mic do you use in front of the guitar?

I personally love my KM56 for the acoustic guitar.

rockabilly69

Yeah!

That guitar sounds great. Nice recordings cool.

If you don't mid me asking, do you use a U47 for your voice while playing? What mic do you use in front of the guitar?

I personally love my KM56 for the acoustic guitar.

U89 voice, U87ai guitar both into UA LA610 mic preamp/comp

J T

Oh yeah UA makes great stuff. Every good studio has something UA. Great plugs too.

I use the 6176 a lot.

rockabilly69

Oh yeah UA makes great stuff. Every good studio has something UA. Great plugs too.

I use the 6176 a lot.

I own a UAD-2 Quad Accelerator, a UAD-2 Laptop Solo card (in my home demo laptop), and 2 LA610 preamps/comps, so yes I like UA/UAD, and I wish I had their 6176 too :) But I could put that vintage J45 up to any decent mic and it would sound great!!!

J T

Yes that J-45 sounds great. I can hear something there. Not too boomy or heavy but still very present in the mix. Great songs!