• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD J-45 Cobraburst

Fried okra

My first full body Gibson acoustic. Only other Gibson acoustic I own is my RJ L-1.:hank

GotTheSilver

Cool! I love Gibson acoustics. Got a few myself. There is nothing like a good J-45!

chuckNC

Was just looking at one of these on Reverb -- beautiful! Enjoy!

BluesBurst

Fantastic, I wish Gibson would do a few more non-traditional colors on their acoustics :dude:

Cobra Burst works beautifully on the J-45, you must be happy Fried okra!!!

Reinhard

Congrats, that looks fantastic and your PG is stuck on right as well! Mine was put on over the rosette ring :##

My 2011 J-45 is getting surgery done to replace the Grovers with drop in White button replacement tuners and to get the PG moved if possible.

Have to echo what has been said, the J-45s have something special going on.

GotTheSilver

Fantastic, I wish Gibson would do a few more non-traditional colors on their acoustics :dude:

Cobra Burst works beautifully on the J-45, you must be happy Fried okra!!!

Gibson does special color runs on J-45s from time to time. In the last few years, in addition to corbaburst, they have done cherry, pelham blue and goldtop that I can remember.

I admit that I was initially sceptical when I heard of cobraburst on a J-45, but when I saw one in the store I thought it looked really cool! I did not realize there was binding on the back. That is really nice!

sitedrifter

Fried.,

I have to say you picked an awesome color. I have seen these in person and there is no such thing an ugly cobra burst! Enjoy!

Fried okra

Thanks Guys.

Does anyone know why all the sudden I have stopped getting email updates this week? Anyone else having this problem?

Fried okra

Not a big deal, but kind of a big deal. I noticed today that the nut is bone white, not graphite black as stated on Gibsons website.:hmm

Fried okra

From customer service.
Hi Kris,
The bone nut is actually an upgrade from the graphite. Gibson reserves the right to change specs at any time. We can however as a courtesy send you a replacement black nut in which you can have installed by a guitar technician, this would not be covered under warranty. Let me know if you want us to send the nut, I will need your name, address and phone number.
An upgrade??? Bull$&!?

GotTheSilver

I would be very happy I got the bone nut instead of the graphite! Bone is what Gibson uses on their higher end guitars.

Reinhard

I replaced the graphite nut on my J-45 along with the Grover tuners. Next step is ordering a nice Firestrype guard for it.

zy6osy.jpg