• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Burst Detectives

johnnyslim

I am not in a position to purchase this guitar but I would like to know if anyone might know about it or maybe post a photo. The Burst in question is 9 0164 which is not listed on the Burst Serial site. I have tried researching this serial number but come up empty handed.

I have an email containing the original sales/transaction receipt from the sale of this guitar. The transaction was December 11, 1993 and it was sold to Evan Gardner by my friend and Danny Mangold (Danny's Music, Everett, WA). The transaction document details the sale for $4000 cash, one 1962 Strat (#83906) and one 1955 Les Paul Goldtop (5 9170 or 5 7170…that is either a 9 or 7) for this Burst. Looks like the owner of the Burst was a Larry Preso of Yakima, WA. My friend was given the ’62 Strat for his efforts in securing this transaction. Can anyone provide a photo of this Burst 9 0164?

As a cool side note, my friend sold this Strat a couple of years later. He already had three Strats…a ’54, ’56, and an Inca Silver ’64. He was often contacted by people in the area wanting to sell guitars because he was fairly well known. He got a call one day from a guy wanting to sell a 1962 Strat and he agreed to check it out. He opened the case and sure enough, it was the same ’62 Strat my friend previously sold. Seeing it as an omen he felt he had to buy this guitar back and keep it. My friend passed away in June 2013 with this Strat still in his possession.

Once again…anyone got a photo of this 1959 Burst? I am only curious.

Last edited:
B

Banker

Johnny, if you pass on it, can you let me know, I'm actively looking for a '59.

johnnyslim

Banker...as my post stated...I am in no position to purchase this guitar. I am only looking for information or a photo. I have tried researching this since 2008 when I got the transaction receipt but no luck.

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Sorry, I have never heard about this one... would love to see it though! :)