• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

brian setzer comments on his 59 burst

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I was just commenting that Brian has a history of playing different genres of music and he also has been using other guitars over the years, besides the 6120 that most of us usually associate him with, so I am not surprised that he owns a burst as part of his arsenal.

I apologize if this was off topic.

We can get back to talking about the high cost of college in America now.

No apology needed. I just wasn't following you. :salude

As for college costs, just wait a year and it will all be free. :ganz

zacknorton

He says he can make a 6120 with filtertrons sound like a Les Paul?!?

he’s an amazing guitar player but he can’t do that.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I understand the assumption, but I don't see anything in the article that clarifies that his 59' Les Paul is a burst. Could be that he has a Custom, Special or Jr..

Mentioning it's investment value as being enough to cover ANY tuition pretty much points to a Burst.

And for guys getting butt hurt about him thinking a gretsch does stuff a Les Paul can't do, that's just silly. A Les Paul can barely get into 335 territory as much as a 335 can get into Les Paul turf. And a 175 can get way more sound that a Les Paul can never do. It's not a contest, they're just different.