• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Exposing the "evil doers"...

shred

John, seem to recall WILKO played her a couple of years ago at JG's place, and wrote a decent report of his impressions.

Paging Mr Wilko....

Hey OMITN found the thread for ya :peace2

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165494

I held the neck to my ear and picked some odd chords and listened to the huge harmonic structure of the notes and chords as they sustained and developed from big notes fading to the overtones. And the way the sound echoed/reverberated in the wood. Joe asked that I let the amp/speakers warm up a bit before cranking it.
The amp was about 15 feet away in the closet off the back side of a large bathroom/shower area. Looked like a Marshall 1962 "bluesbreaker" later style cab. I didn't look at it close or even see how it was set. Based on how it sounded I'd guess right in the sweet spot just about maxed.
Played abunch of noodly riffs. Big chunky chords, hard, soft picking. hybrid picking with a pick "tele style", bare finger cluster. Stock stining blues licks. lots of bends with dynamics.
That guitar has an amazing dynamic range and extremely complex "finish" to the notes whether acoustic or electric.

I was ready to be "ruint" by it but instead I'm very pleased with the way my two main 1968s held their own (IMHO).

I may rethink my pickup choice in my sunburst as it is a bit too bright and not complex enough in the overtones. My goldtop is as expected. I think it could pass a blindfold test.

gladys_rick_cropped.jpg

landminelenny

Les Paul Froum Member
gladys_rick_cropped.jpg

Has anyone got any e-cavity shots of Gladys? Im not suggesting anything by asking this I just don't seem to be able to find any anywhere?

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
gladys_rick_cropped.jpg

Has anyone got any e-cavity shots of Gladys? Im not suggesting anything by asking this I just don't seem to be able to find any anywhere?

I'm sure they exist.

Such a unique and beautiful top. Like Wilko, I enjoyed playing Gladys thru his Bluesbreaker 4 years ago. :salude

Last edited:

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Is there any legitimate reason that three old threads having to do with Gladys have been resurrected at one time?:hmm

landminelenny

Les Paul Froum Member
Is there any legitimate reason that three old threads having to do with Gladys have been resurrected at one time?:hmm

3 threads? I resurrected 2 by mistake. one thread linked to the other and when I tried to copy the picture using the 'quote' option on my iPhone it opened the other thread and I posted my question in the wrong thread. I figured I'd leave it as I'd have a better chance of getting a response. Feel free to delete any of my posts as I've got the picture I was looking for thanks.

lpnv59

Generic term as it was a two 12 fifty watt Marshall combo. I call them all bluesbreakers. Not sure what year Joe's was. The one I have was made in the late 70's.

lpnv59

It was alright. Mines better.

There's this English gentleman who live 2 miles from me who makes his own Carol Ann amps. He rebuilt it and it sounds out of this world.

lous1952

I was away for a while because I changed my email address and could never get back in.
I gave up and didn't bother coming back.
When I saw the new site and changes, I rejoined under another user name.

Anyway, I am glad to see that this thread is still around.
I am also glad to see that Banker was vindicated, not that I ever I had any doubt.

As to those criticizing the bankruptcy laws, remember that the purpose of those laws is to give companies and individuals a fresh start (and/or a liquidation process).
It doesn't stop people from re-engaging in dishonest and questionable behavior in their future endeavors.
Prison doesn't stop many people from recidivist behavior.
Neither bankruptcy nor prison can stop people from making a living after the process is settled.
The securities industry is one exception- people can be prevented from working in it after a prison sentence, but even that is rare.

So the bad actors, like MG, are still in business, and you can expect other bad actors to continue to do the same.

mavmus

Winfield never owned Greenie, the purchase was funded by a third party who was taken for a great deal of money.

It was the proceeds of his criminal activity that bought the Caribbean house.......and he still has it. The question is whether it's reachable, or even known about, by the court.

The house (s) are reachable by seaplane John, cheers.

mavmus

Phil W is not, nor has he ever been, what he presents himself to be.

He has a very, very long history of confidence tricks, fraud, and outright theft....going back to his Yorkshire days. He is a compulsive liar and is not to be trusted under any circumstances. I sang it from the rooftops for years and was frequently shot down. Hell, posts here on the subject were removed.

He is an utter turd of a man, who know PRECISELY what he's doing. This isn't bad luck or the result of a vexatious lawsuit. How he's survived unhurt is a mystery to me.

It's not widely talked about, but he's ripped of extremely well known dealers with impeccable reputations. People rarely want to admit that they've been "had".

Steve Craw, Phil always played the long-con.......like it or not, you're just another "mark".

:bike:bike