• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Exposing the "evil doers"...

B

Banker

Just an observation that I think it's a very positive move on the forum that the veil of secrecy around fake or altered guitars, and the shifty dealers, is being increasingly exposed on this forum. Seeing "names named" is a very welcome development, let's keep it going. Thanks to all the contributors who are shining light into the dark corners.

Greasy G

As someone who got burned on their first vintage acquisition, I support this development wholeheartedly.

jimmi

Agree. Shine the light of truth and watch the vermin scramble.

kharrison

So is this the place to name the dealer that screwed me in a trade that cost me a '69 GT?

L

loufed52

If you have proof, or it's public knowledge, there is no reason to fear naming a crooked dealer.
I've bought things that were not as they should be, but the dealers made good on them, which is what you would expect from reputable dealers.
If they didn't- expose them.
How else can you stop them short of criminal/legal action?

mbowen

Hi guys just make sure it can be proven and you have proof or a lawsuit could follow.Just my opinion but i have been there years ago.Thanks Mike B.

Pat Boyack

Just an observation that I think it's a very positive move on the forum that the veil of secrecy around fake or altered guitars, and the shifty dealers, is being increasingly exposed on this forum. Seeing "names named" is a very welcome development, let's keep it going. Thanks to all the contributors who are shining light into the dark corners.

I agree 100%, ..... :3zone .......but I have seen so many facts and lies get intermingled on the Internet in general that I think extreme caution should be practiced and hard facts presented.

mavmus

lets start at the top & work down,
honored to be the first with a legitimate & provable complaint, everything is fact, I have no worries or concerns about any incoming, already been there, after all, if anyone can afford litigation it would be this crew!

2003 I attended the Sotheby's john Entwistle sale, I bought 18 guitars, paid via bank transfer, one of the lots was Johns 1958 Gibson Flying V

they shipped it, on arrival it was proved to be what those in the trade call a "lash up" ( it was possible for a pre sale viewing but only from 12 feet away), anyway, polite messages sent, ignored, further communication sent, ignored, legal communication sent, a response at last, fast forward to 2005 , I have a settlement offer, full refund but no shipping refund, I decline, eventually settlement in full, it only took 3 years & $275k
hope this is what this thread is about

moonweasel

So is this the place to name the dealer that screwed me in a trade that cost me a '69 GT?

No, that would be the Sunburst Pub

1375728723_picard-facepalm.jpg

Big Al

That's true, fo' sho'. Banker, I'd personaly single you out for kudo's in helping me learn a lot about faked Marshalls. :salude

landminelenny

Les Paul Froum Member
lets start at the top & work down,
honored to be the first with a legitimate & provable complaint, everything is fact, I have no worries or concerns about any incoming, already been there, after all, if anyone can afford litigation it would be this crew!

2003 I attended the Sotheby's john Entwistle sale, I bought 18 guitars, paid via bank transfer, one of the lots was Johns 1958 Gibson Flying V

they shipped it, on arrival it was proved to be what those in the trade call a "lash up" ( it was possible for a pre sale viewing but only from 12 feet away), anyway, polite messages sent, ignored, further communication sent, ignored, legal communication sent, a response at last, fast forward to 2005 , I have a settlement offer, full refund but no shipping refund, I decline, eventually settlement in full, it only took 3 years & $275k
hope this is what this thread is about

Who authenticated it for Sotheby's and who did JE buy it from?

The tells on a Korina V are a closely guarded secret and you wouldn't have known from 12 feet away.

Most folk wouldn't know from 12 inches away.

ourmaninthenorth

As long as it becomes a thread where axes have already been ground, a sub judice type of narrative will get nobody anywhere.

As to facts, what might they be? As Shostakovich famously stated ... "there is nothing more unreliable than an eyewitness account" .

:salude