• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Exposing the "evil doers"...

hoss

So has Joe gotten out of the vintage guitar business? or just the LPF?
He is riding his bike a lot, has sold Gladys and has left the LPF because he "moved on with his life".
His website is still up and I know of at least one Burst deal last year which involved Ganz and a famous musician.

ChevChelios

There's a reason Ganzler won't verify Fenders.

From his website: "..., Mr. Ganzler will go anywhere in the World (except the Middle East) on 24 hours' notice to examine/authenticate any 1957-1960 Gibson or 1950-1971 Fender guitar."

VonPrikler

He is riding his bike a lot, has sold Gladys and has left the LPF because he "moved on with his life".
His website is still up and I know of at least one Burst deal last year which involved Ganz and a famous musician.

Wait - I must have missed that. He sold Gladys???

VonPrikler

Yes, through Fretted Americana. It sat there for >$400K for 9 months or so

Wow - I thought he had just loaned it there. I knew it was there for a time, and makes sense that there was a reason, but I must have just assumed nobody would ever sell that guitar.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Sorry, I thought I read on his website a few years ago that because the nature of the Fender forgeries and how easy it was, that he would do them any more.

My mistake.

Triburst

Just an observation that I think it's a very positive move on the forum that the veil of secrecy around fake or altered guitars, and the shifty dealers, is being increasingly exposed on this forum. Seeing "names named" is a very welcome development, let's keep it going. Thanks to all the contributors who are shining light into the dark corners.

As others have mentioned, I have also thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts on vintage Marshall amps. Thanks to you as well for your own "light shining" contributions.:salude

sunburst1

Agree 111%..

Thinking a lot has to do with the www. world we live in.

20 years ago , not too many were "on-line".. Today , everyone is. Information is at ones
fingertips making fraud & deception much harder than it once was , IMO.

One can "Google" huge amounts of "real" info on any subject matter. :hmm

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
Regarding Ganz....the community was a turn off and he went cycling. He sold his burst because he found a buyer who met his price. That simple....everything is for sale even when it isn't.

hoss

Regarding Ganz....the community was a turn off and he went cycling. He sold his burst because he found a buyer who met his price. That simple....everything is for sale even when it isn't.
It was on consignment at FA for almost a year and did not sell (they were asking $440K if I remember correctly).

shred

Regarding the Greeny thread and Denmark St... Should we just throw Greeny into the Boston harbor...

Last edited: