• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Guitar Man Cave and Coffee Table...

BurstWurst

.......Gibson should make them.....
I'd prefer that Gibson would stay focused on making a quality guitar instead. Case in point : who in tarnation needs a sunburst Les Paul studio monitor? But, I digress : back to Doubleboogie's excellent creation.

DoubleBoogie

Shoulda just left us in the dark on that. :hmm I thought the "roll marks" looked a little widely spaced. With your attention to detail, I wondered about that. I'm sure you could add roll marks with light sanding in stripes and then a buffing. I'm not so sure about welding stainless. Pretty sure it'll result in permanent discoloration of the material. Maybe better do a test weld before getting too far into it. I like the plexi bottom as glass bottoms are somewhat traditional with beer mugs. Good luck with the finishing touch on your awesome project. :yah

After it all gets welded, I was thinking of sending them out to be chromed. :salude

Thunderheart

Beautiful cave and awesome table. Geez my guitar room looks like phone booth in comparison. You are one talented guy.

Stoj

Wow that is the coolest coffee table I've ever seen :dude::salude

rabbit

I missed this the first time around. This is a really great conception that was brought to fruition with superb skill and a very creative imagination. What a stunning achievement!! I have no doubt that a coffee table like this would sell like hotcakes!

Fantastic work, man!

DanD

What happens to the first Cretan who throws a boot up on the coffee table? :hmm

Awesome project btw! :salude

DoubleBoogie

Update on the Kluson Tuner beer mugs.... Should be getting a price soon to have a set of six made. Depending upon the cost, I might make a few extra in case anyone might want one. :dude:

DoubleBoogie

Since my old photos on photobucket are no longer linked, I uploaded a couple per the request of a forum member.

uWv6MuJ.jpg

3RVdrah.jpg

Last edited:

jrgtr42

Since my old photos on photobucket are no longer linked, I uploaded a couple per the request of a forum member.

uWv6MuJ.jpg

3RVdrah.jpg

I remember seeing this the first time around and I'm still blown away by the work.
Did you ever get those mugs made?

DoubleBoogie

I remember seeing this the first time around and I'm still blown away by the work.
Did you ever get those mugs made?

I got a price for them and a set of 6 was going to cost me $4200 so I decided I didn't want them that bad. :salude

jrgtr42

I got a price for them and a set of 6 was going to cost me $4200 so I decided I didn't want them that bad. :salude
:bigal:bug

$4200??? for 6???? Jeez, for that you could but all the equipment and make them yourself!!!
Yeah, I get it... that's a bit steep. I wonder, though, with the advances in small makers, would something like that be less today than it was when you looked into it before. Seems most towns have a metalworker and or glass blower in them or at least within short range now.

Mr Chevy

Have you considered finding a local pottery maker to make the mugs for you. Or a local craft store with pottery classes. They can be finished in a silver color and the string holes could be painted on the sides. Then they could be made to exact dimensions. Or if glass is ok, try a restaurant supply house for wine carafes. They can be bought in different sizes. Cool table. :salude

Last edited: