• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Peter Green + Marshall = tone!!!

chuckNC

Excellent! One can spend a good deal of time surfing that guy's Peter Green stuff. IME. :punk

mistersnappy

Woah! thanks for this- yeah, there's so many great videos of Greeny there!

Cussion

Never get tired of listening to Peter, and this early live stuff with Mayall is just beyond amazing. Notice that Peter played quite busy solos, and then became more laid back with Fleetwood Mac. Maybe it was the fact of filling Claptons shoes.. But it sounds great! That sounds like his Les Paul into a Marshall JTM45. Tone!

roadrunner

That was fun to listen to, thanks for posting!

It's interesting to consider what Green walked into, with the Bluesbreakers. Clapton, with Mayall, was pronounced "God" and then Peter has to fill those shoes.
Everytime I hear the record, "A Hard Road", I always think what a perfect title for an album. It must've been a hard road for Green, lot to live up to there in EC's shadow.

Hearing this clip, and thinking about that album, I can't help but also think that Peter was under orders... sound and play like you know who... because he does.
His going to different amps, than Marshall's, makes total sense in light of what he had to do with the Bluesbreakers. His style became a bit more sparse, not as busy as the Mayall days, he really found his own style and voice later.

djdersh

I've got the entire 5 CD set and it's Peter at his best. His rhythm section ain't bad either. John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

katznkitz

I've got the entire 5 CD set and it's Peter at his best. His rhythm section ain't bad either. John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.
The UK gigs the Dutch guy recorded on a reel to reel ?
I am nuts over the officially released Vol 1&2. Peter's playing on these tapes are quite unique and I think a piece of musical history, buried in obscurity. Since listening to them I found a new desire to play. There is a lot to be learned from Peters unusual phrasings and melodies. Pure delight and a breath of fresh air from the past.
I would very much like to get copies of your 5 CDs of the 5 live shows. I have been looking all over torrent sites and such, found some awesome Fleetwood mac shows but not those 5. I am in my sixties and have a bunch of Blues & rock live recordings I could trade. I would be delighted if you can oblige. Cheers katznkitzatyahoodotcom

goldtop0

The UK gigs the Dutch guy recorded on a reel to reel ?
I am nuts over the officially released Vol 1&2. Peter's playing on these tapes are quite unique and I think a piece of musical history, buried in obscurity. Since listening to them I found a new desire to play. There is a lot to be learned from Peters unusual phrasings and melodies. Pure delight and a breath of fresh air from the past.
I would very much like to get copies of your 5 CDs of the 5 live shows. I have been looking all over torrent sites and such, found some awesome Fleetwood mac shows but not those 5. I am in my sixties and have a bunch of Blues & rock live recordings I could trade. I would be delighted if you can oblige. Cheers katznkitzatyahoodotcom

Welcome to the forum katz.
Looks as though this 5 CD set may be a mythical thing as the thread was first started in '13 with nothing since.

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
DAMN it!!!!

I was wanting to hear the story of the dutch guy that recorded Peter Green with Mayall on reel to reel. Talk about a teaser! :bigal