• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joined the 1982 ES-335 DOT club

bluesjuke

It was really funny. I got there a few minutes before they opened, and after I sat down with the guitar, they tell me 2 guys are there to buy it, and 5 people had called about it.

That's because it looks like a good one!
Nice looking grain on it, just the way I like it.

Enjoy.

zac

Those are both great guitars. I am waiting on a set of pickups to show up. I ordered a set of antiquities that are underwound(7.3 neck 7.9k bridge), yet with full strength magnets. We shall see how MJ's creations sound in the guitar.

UPDATE:

So the pickups arrived, and I put them in today. First off, boy am I glad they put the bridge pickup cut out on these guitars, certainly makes wiring a bit easier. I must say the custom Antiquities are a huge leap forward from the Shaws. Although the Shaws are not bad, I found them to be way too present, bordering on in your face and brutal. They also were quite compressed to me. The full strength magnet Ants are very clear and stringy sounding, and much more useable to me. The neck pickup is frankly incredible, and the bridge is pretty stellar too. So far I have only played it through the 1970 Bassman head and 2-12 cab at my office, But I will play it at a rehearsal later this week through my Vibrolux or Deluxe.

Here is a shot post pickup change along with another blonde.

9715416566_465c925a08_b.jpg
[/url] Untitled by Captain Zippy, on Flickr[/IMG]

zac

That is a great looking blonde Sliding Tom. Love the shot of the back.

Rich Wood

Hi guys!

I'm new here, nice to meet you.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am looking for a little help if possible?

The 1982 Gibson ES335 Blonde is my dream 335 (or '83) and I have been looking around for one for a long time now without any success. I'm from the UK and I have never seen them over here.

I have played some over in the Sates when I did some sessions over there and fell in love with them and to this day I have been searching for my very own.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and will contribute to my search for my dream guitar.

Tarcisioo

Rich Wood

There's an 81 and an 84 at ebay, but they're not blonde though. The 81 is a factory second cardinal red with a repaired headstock break. Refin candidate
The 84 is a beauty, white pearl finish. Seller says it's a limited edition from the custom shop. Who knows

Here are both

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinage-Gibs...781789?hash=item41a86fed5d:g:3-8AAOSwsN9XCYqM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-198...858365?hash=item1a1181a37d:g:IVAAAOSwGYVXCDIE

Hey thanks a lot lot for the reply. They look nice but not quite what I'm after.

I really appreciate your help though. Thanks

TM1

I had an `81 DOT in Cherry. Was a pretty great sounding guitar and played really nice. Wish I still had it..sold it thru Guitar, Guitar in Sherman Oaks, Ca. in 1992

Rich Wood

I had an `81 DOT in Cherry. Was a pretty great sounding guitar and played really nice. Wish I still had it..sold it thru Guitar, Guitar in Sherman Oaks, Ca. in 1992

That sounds sweet! It's a shame you sold it

roysessions

NGD- Just arrived today from rumbleseat. Haven't plugged in yet, but I'm happy with how it looks/feels!

IMG_5750_zpsigcbc7rt.jpg.html