• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show the love...post your SG's

Cliff Gress

My lovely SG Standard Ltd , year 2000 :spabout

img_0010.jpg

A humbucker looks good without the rings.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
This was the oldest SG I ever owned. A 1960, 0-7658.

SG_Special_1960.jpg

They changed the body shape later that year, it seems. :salude

david.beason

Cool guitars - its interesting the earlier SG Standards are more orangey (boss addict, looking at your 61). By 64 they were deep cherry.

Slater, that early 65 is killer. That hardware is the ultimate to me.

Thanks. My '61 Standard has faded quite a bit as well. It has a parts shadow underneath the sideways trem.

Stevie C.

Here's my Old Boy Jr! '72 SG-I with vintage 60's Grovers, a vintage 70's Leo Quan Badass bridge and John Birch Magnum R mini humbucker! It had been routed for a dogear P90 at some point so I had to use a P90 ring adapter.. Original checked Cherry finish is 99% faded to Brown with a few spot of Cherry left under the hardware, etc..
My tribute to Tony Iommi's Old Boy and Monkey SG's and it screams!!

harleytech

Just picked this one up about a month ago... Play's great ! And stay's in tune... Love it !
:salude
0812181429_1.jpg

:2cool

latestarter

I'm wondering...did anyone here get "Frank"? Frank was a '64 SG that I missed out on from eBay at a good price due to dodgy internet we had to put up with in rural NZ. Would be around 2-3 years ago.

It was all original except the truss rod had "Frank" engraved into it, in a classy font. Lot's of even, natural checking. It looked fantastic and had a pretty good break angle from the Vibrola over the bridge....man I wanted that thing.

Anyway, keep an eye out for Frank.

gio

I just picked this up from Chicago Music Exchange. Joel was extremely helpful and was really willing to go the extra mile.

2018 Custom Shop VOS. Oh my it is amazing. I am so so happy with it. Just had to share.

UdQbmhY.jpg

JBird80

This is my LP SG Standard Authentic guitar center special run. This thing is a Rock N Roll machine. I love it. I think the neck is a 62 contour I think. Sort of beefy but comfortable. Wt. 6.8 lbs. super resonate. I heard Gibson only made about 500 or so. I’m not sure. I would love to know more about it if anyone knows more about it please fill me in.
56fa6d14-15ce-4ad1-8d76-fd8ad22d7f26

Last edited: