• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show the love...post your SG's

Kevin James

That is a cool fact...I note his has the standard mini Vibrola whereas Ebony Blocks normally have the shortened long base (if you get my drift).

Yeah, his has lost it's original trem and the Ebony Block itself but you can clearly see the outline where it hasn't faded as much where it was covered by the block.

PHILBERT

Image.ashx

That bridge location looks strange to me. Too far to the south. :hmm

Otherwise, nice looking. I love the chrome hardware! :bike

Jim Jones

Not very exciting compared to all the drool worthy SG's in this thread but here's my first SG - a 1987 '62 Reissue I picked up this spring.

Low%20res.jpg

latestarter

An SG in Cherry Red is always drool worthy!

Ultra....that is fricken' NICE!

rocksoldier

Nice color! Not that '69 burgandy color you tend to see, but a nice deeper cherry & a good looking board. F'n sweet! Big chunky neck?

Thanks!

The neck is quite chunky indeed. :2cool

It is a bit worn and has had a neck joint repair, but MAN does it scream rock'n'roll. And with these new jumbo frets it plays incredibly well.

Regarding the color it is amazing how much it differs from my other '69, and I actually think I'm going to star a new thread about that. :)

jrgtr42

My baby is a 1980 Firebrand SG (in my avatar, along with '02 LP STD and '92 Heritage H-150) I don't have any big pics of it around to post.
I got it in 1992, I think. Was pretty beat up even then, and whoever had it before didn't seem to grasp the difference between guitar and coaster - there's a big alcohol droop in the finish behind the bridge.
There were T-tops stock in there, but they died a while back, I replaced that one in the late 90s with something cheap, then again for it's 21st birthday. I got the drinks, it got new pickups.
Even these days, with another 20-odd guitars, that's my go-to more often than not.

Grog

Here is a photo of my 1969 EB-3 & my 1971 SG Special....:hippy

K

Kim R

Ultra's white Custom, above, is my idea of the uber SG! What a beauty...

There are some gorgeous guitars in this thread; thanks to all who have posted -

My Norlin-era model, as modified in 1970 (previously published):

405181187.jpg

EFLOW

Mine is a SG Standard full stock build during year 2000, this is a Limited Edition for the second Millennium. I think it is a rare sg, bla bla bala...

I Love this SG :jim :rofl

sgstandard186.jpg

EFLOW

Not very exciting compared to all the drool worthy SG's in this thread but here's my first SG - a 1987 '62 Reissue I picked up this spring.

Low%20res.jpg

Very nice '62 RI, I like it with the Gibson ABR-1 bridge

Monroe

My un-original SG Jr. '65 serial number, pots date to 46th week of '64.

Front_02.jpg

christophervolum

my newest aquistition. 2012 tweedy SG. i think its one of the best appointed models gibson has put out in a while.

christophervolume-albums-new-gear-picture58131-335-sg.jpg

christophervolume-albums-live-shots-picture58292-summer-2013.jpg

christophervolume-albums-live-shots-picture58293-summer-2013.jpg