• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show the love...post your SG's

sharky

I refuse to accept further pictures of Kevin's ebony block SG since it turns me green with envy

Stratoben127

I was going to go for a Super Reverb or PRS Dallas as my next purchase... but I think and SG will be mine soon.

I'm thinking either an SG Original, the new LTD '61 RI with re-engineered side pull trem (my favorite look for an SG), or just a new Standard.

M4sonicLP

I got one because I wanted something different, then I decided to get green to be even more different. Threw in some Bare Knuckle Nailbombs and witch hat knobs to complete the differentiallity.

15gxyr8.jpg

garywright

not mine, but an original '65 pelham junior that I got to check out last month

L

LPDEN

Lots of love for the SG....

My 2009 Historic SG special:
collage.jpg

My 2013 SG Tweedy:
SAM_0018.jpg

Pip

Lots of love for the SG....

My 2009 Historic SG special:
collage.jpg

My 2013 SG Tweedy:
SAM_0018.jpg
:3zone
Nice the exact same 2 SG's that I've ended up with except my CS special is TV yellow.

bizzwriter

Wow. LOVE all the case candy with the Pete Townshend siggy SG above ^^^

Here's one of my two current SG's -- an '04 Custom Shop (Roadworn) '61 LP Custom.

T2eC16RQE9s3HE23fBRojkwWO60_57_zpsa6993cbc.jpg

Brown Recluse

Here are some pics of my friend's '64 Golden Mist Poly SG Special he got from Gilvis many moons ago:

PB270822.jpg

PB270823.jpg

PB270824.jpg

PB270825.jpg

VMR

I've had this '61 Jr. since 1970. Within a few weeks of buying it I did the mods. They may have destroyed the value, but the original P-90 and the T-Top HB are a perfect match. Along with a 100 watt Super Lead, it's all I needed in my glory days. Still going strong!

IMG_0572_zps96c523b5.jpg

IMG_0559_zps013f42eb.jpg

garywright

Here are some pics of my friend's '64 Golden Mist Poly SG Special he got from Gilvis many moons ago:
PB270825.jpg

those short style vibratos look the coolest with the all metal arm ...does anyone repro those yet ? ...if not, they should ! :salude

27sauce

those short style vibratos look the coolest with the all metal arm ...does anyone repro those yet ? ...if not, they should ! :salude

They're showing up on some recent Gibsons and Epis, so someone is making them.

frazettafan

Just an excuse to show another shot of one of my '64 Juniors at an open-air gig last month.

hovw.jpg

1bs0.jpg

PHILBERT

Awesome! What chrome covers did you use? They have that rounded pat#/T-Top look (which is what I need LOL)

Hi, Kris. These are Pat# T-Top covers! The real deal. Got 'em from forum member LouFed52. Not sure of the year they were made, maybe later ones due to the roundness, but they transformed this guitar into my poor man's version of a '65 SG. Looks so much better than those crappy nickel-plated square modern Gibson covers. I might be imagining this, but the sound got a bit warmer too. :hmm

Now I just wish the pick guard were closer to the real deal. It is a Montreux guard from Gord Miller. Looks a bit straight on the bottom cutaway. Can't find a good repro pick guard maker that nails the shape and (most important) white layer thickness. It's a great sounding SG. :dude:

Tonebender

Wow. LOVE all the case candy with the Pete Townshend siggy SG above ^^^

Here's one of my two current SG's -- an '04 Custom Shop (Roadworn) '61 LP Custom.

T2eC16RQE9s3HE23fBRojkwWO60_57_zpsa6993cbc.jpg

This is stunning! It's also one hell of an idea. Firebird pickups in a SG custom. I WANT!

bizzwriter

This is stunning! It's also one hell of an idea. Firebird pickups in a SG custom. I WANT!

Thanks! I'm surprised there aren't more of these around -- the 3 Firebird pickup idea makes perfect sense to me. It gets a nice quacky sound when the switch is in the middle position and both the middle and bridge pickups are engaged together. From what I understand, the Custom Shop built just two of these back in 2004, then sold them off at the Roadworn auction. I don't know if the other one is the same color or not.