• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show the love...post your SG's

kharrison

With some recent purchases by fellow forum brothers, as well as the Jr. thread in the other forum, I am really gassing for SG's. These are great guitars and have had a few over the years. Let's see what you got....

'63 Junior that I still have....

'64 I let go a few years back....

'62

'62

MikeSlub

Administrator
1961 SG and 1961 Special. Both are tone monsters! :hank

1961%20Gibson%20SG%20Les%20Paul.jpg

1961_Gibson_SG_Special.JPG

mbowen

I like SG's just not as much as Les Pauls.They are great under rated guitars -IMO.Mike B.

kharrison

MB that Jr is really nice man! MS....what can I say, your guitars are what dreams are made of. :3zone

Kevin James

Beautiful SG's guys. I'll have to come back to some of mine later tonight when I have more time.

MB, that super clean 64 Standard is KILLING me. Amazing condition!

mbowen

Beautiful SG's guys. I'll have to come back to some of mine later tonight when I have more time.

MB, that super clean 64 Standard is KILLING me. Amazing condition!
Came from our mutual Buddy Gilvis years ago.Mike B.

kharrison

My collecting days are pretty much over, I am down to a few that I really enjoy and play, the Jr being one of them. I am probably down for one more vintage at some point and that will be either a '62 or '63 SG/LP Standard or another '64. If it happens, possibly an Ebony block because they are so cool. I've got some other things on my plate right now and am trying to just keep it in the back of my mind but you guys keep on getting these guitars and it is driving me nuts.

tooold

I'm throwing photos of this one all over the place...

PB refin '62...

_DSC2613_zps8eef4106.jpg

...and my '65 Junior with a bound board, what a guitar, warts and all...

left-angle-close-adj3.jpg

Jonny Rash

Very nice SGs there!

I have a bunch myself, but they are all 15 yrs old or newer. Not too many vintage lefty specimens to be found and the ones out there go for twice or thrice the price of a righty.

maxwedge

Mine are pretty beat up but their still awesome.
64 on the left used to have a Kahler on it and needs some filling and a 62 on the right that was involved in a house fire and lost it's finish from 1/2 way up the neck and above. The 62 is all original except for the bridge and pick guard.

Kevin James

My very first SG which I still have, a 64 JR

My 64 Special

My first Standard, an issues player grade 61 (which may be going up for sale)

My late 65 (which I have already put up for sale)

My baby... the Ebony Block (this one will go to the grave with me lol)

And my latest, a late 64/early 65

Pip

My first Gibson some 40 years ago was an SG over the years I've gone through a few. I'm now a Lester man but as I get older I'm starting to play my SG's more. My current two.
Tweedy
IMG_1467.jpg

CS Special
studio019.jpg

:2zone