• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ngd: Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008

saxosim

Hi All,

I have just done a few mods on my Standard tonight. Fully reversible of course if I change my mind :)

Firstly I replaced the pinky cream Gibson plastic pickup rings and poker chip surround ring with quality bone white/ light cream ones from both Crazy Parts in Germany and Fake 58 here in the UK for the switch ring and I also installed a set of Bareknuckle Mules I purchased in uncovered cream/ white to give it more of the burst look I am after. It also sounds amazing I can't believe how good these pickups are.

I am really pleased with it, here are a few photos :)

9A7A6F9B-DD6C-4E38-8AE2-D8EFBA4B7BED-1315-0000015EE77B1EE2_zps7a20cf3d.jpg

775C8059-5E96-4098-ACA8-D67EFC2AE25D-1315-0000015EE0508C10_zpsff7a421b.jpg

Last edited:

LeanJvR

Hi, I've done a search and came across this post. I'm on the lookout for my first LP and have my sights on a 2009 Standard. Same as yours. Do you still have it and what do you think of it after all these years?

Doc Sausage

Hi, I've done a search and came across this post. I'm on the lookout for my first LP and have my sights on a 2009 Standard. Same as yours. Do you still have it and what do you think of it after all these years?

I still have mine. Certainly the prettiest LP I have but I never considered it a “tone monster.” It’s a great hard rock LP, imo, but lacks the ‘woody’ blues vibe of even my Traditional Pro Goldtop. Somewhere in the archives here is Elliot Easton (The Cars) singing the ‘08’s praises so what do I know?!?:jim

I’m sure you can’t go too wrong with one but you might hold out for a nice, earlier Standard or ‘Classic’, they are nice sounding guitars with real wiring! Ha.