• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Damn....had to sell my baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

58Lover

One of my all-time favorite guitars had to be sold to cover medical expenses....last night the auction was over just as my wife and I were having dinner at a local restaurant...made me lose my damned appetite...

"Brownie", a '95 Custom Shop Classic quilt top....god, THE best sounding LP I ever owned/heard..... I hope she's going to a good home. Hate like hell to think of her getting all beat up....

Goddam this sucked. Rant over. I know a few here who have been in thus situation....

lanman

I can't believe we accept this scam called "medicine". They are sucking every dime out of us and no one questions WTF is going on. Legal thieves.

That really sucks!

mistersnappy

Sorry to hear this! I hope you are getting better physically. Another good one will come along, but, its hard to let one go that has got your DNA and blood, sweat and tears on it.

mbowen

Sorry you had to let the guitar go.You can replace a guitar but not your health.I know that does not help much but in time you can get another guitar that hopefully you will like maybe even better.Best of luck for the future Mike B.

Doc Sausage

The LP can be replaced...for the most part. Just hope the health of the person in need is as fit as that fiddle now! I always have remorse when I part with a guitar because I wanted to. Having to, MUST be hard.

All the best.

garywright

....last night the auction was over just as my wife and I were having dinner at a local restaurant...

least you could still afford to eat out at your local restaurant ..some people wouldn't have that luxury and have to go the baloney sandwich route.

Pat Boyack

Sorry you had to let the guitar go.You can replace a guitar but not your health.I know that does not help much but in time you can get another guitar that hopefully you will like maybe even better.Best of luck for the future Mike B.

What Mike said, but my heart goes out to you.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Been there. I sold my 2000 R9 & haven't been able to replace it yet. The upside of the broken headstock on my CS336 is that it keeps me from selling it for cash; I know I'd never get top dollar. So it stays.

rays44

Had a life changing experience this past Feb. Won't drown you with my woes, but safe to say '13 sucks. I'm sorry you were at the point of having to sell a guitar, a special one at that. I look at my situation as a test and take one part at a time. If I concentrate on the whole thing it's overwhelming. I don't know your situation, but I wish you the very best. Whatever guitar replaces "Brownie" will have a more meaning to you.

DRYBONE

Just sold my 73 goldtop deluxe for a water heater. I feel your pain....

RNELEE

I know how the medical thing goes and selling such a favorite had to be hard. I just hope you are O.K. health wise. There will be other guitars, part of the journey, I guess.

Cliff Gress

"America, where are you now, don't you care about your sons and daughters?"

Richest country in the world and people have to sell their possessions and throw benefits to get money for health care.

PHILBERT

It is so true. Some are rich in this country, like the fuckin' insurance companies that created this mess with their "death panels" when they deny care so they can cut in on the doctors action and give us as little as possible in return. The doctors want to make money, despite the damn insurance companies, so their rates keep going up. The drug companies will do anything to sell you their poison, so the whole thing is a big corporate scam. You pay for the benefits out of every paycheck (not cheap), you pay high deductibles, you pay increasing high co-payments, and you pay the bills when you go over those low max limits! How many can survive when they are just one paycheck away from being totally broke? (thanks to those stagnantly low wages that don't go up at all when the executive pay keeps jumping up to well over 450% of the avaerage worker pay. FUCKIN' CORPORATIONS are killing America and selling us out! :fc

Well, I have been down this road once or twice myself. My first guitar, my dream guitar ('68 SG), was sold for food and rent. This was because of a risk I took to relocate and get a better job. It took more time than expected, but paid off at the loss of my baby 68. But the ever-increasing hardship we suffer due to the ever-increasing disparity between the rich and poor is sickening in this country anymore. I'm damn sick of low quality services and goods. And it makes me feel bad when I drive around the countryside and see everything folding up and shutting down. Just a wasteland of a once great country. It's all a marketing scam anymore. No jobs either, as they sold us all out to China. Fuckers! :fc

Pat Boyack

It is so true. Some are rich in this country, like the fuckin' insurance companies that created this mess with their "death panels" when they deny care so they can cut in on the doctors action and give us as little as possible in return. The doctors want to make money, despite the damn insurance companies, so their rates keep going up. The drug companies will do anything to sell you their poison, so the whole thing is a big corporate scam. You pay for the benefits out of every paycheck (not cheap), you pay high deductibles, you pay increasing high co-payments, and you pay the bills when you go over those low max limits! How many can survive when they are just one paycheck away from being totally broke? (thanks to those stagnantly low wages that don't go up at all when the executive pay keeps jumping up to well over 450% of the avaerage worker pay. FUCKIN' CORPORATIONS are killing America and selling us out! :fc

Let's not forget the health care providers who charge $25 for a Kleenx. Those folks are the real reason why health care is so expensive.

PHILBERT

least you could still afford to eat out at your local restaurant ..some people wouldn't have that luxury and have to go the baloney sandwich route.

I ate plain spaghetti, and nothing else, for two weeks just to stay alive. It is a humbling experience that makes you appreciate food. I always eat what I fix and never throw any out if I can help it!

PHILBERT

Let's not forget the health care providers who charge $25 for a Kleenx. Those folks are the real reason why health care is so expensive.

Oh yes, I forgot the Hospitals...or now low rent clinics...that do that and rack up the charges for something simple to the tune of $60,000. It's all a big scam and everybody in that business is out to screw you so they can get richER. :fc

CR9

58Lover, I am so sorry. I know what you mean as my "collection" is now gone and my most prized guitar may soon be up for sale just to cover "medical" bills.

frazettafan

Well, I have been down this road once or twice myself. My first guitar, my dream guitar ('68 SG), was sold for food and rent. This was because of a risk I took to relocate and get a better job. It took more time than expected, but paid off at the loss of my baby 68. But the ever-increasing hardship we suffer due to the ever-increasing disparity between the rich and poor is sickening in this country anymore. I'm damn sick of low quality services and goods. And it makes me feel bad when I drive around the countryside and see everything folding up and shutting down. Just a wasteland of a once great country. It's all a marketing scam anymore. No jobs either, as they sold us all out to China. Fuckers! :fc

Enjoyed your photography, philbert. Agree with your post too - it's all going the same way in England too. I just wonder how much people will take before they just go out and take it for themselves?

I've done the all-spaghettii diet too, and baked spuds at several points in my life - that really tests your inventiveness!!

Status
Not open for further replies.