• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

ourmaninthenorth

Here you go Big Un....seen before, same sentiment.

ySiw1Yp.jpg

Here if you need us, unless it's for money, where you can f**k the bloody hell off and join the queue with the rest of 'em....

:hee:hee

Musicman

He had his very favorite 2000 R9 at the HOG (about 2012)- it has been played extensively- wore extensively. He had been recording some spots and brought it in for some reason. An inspired but inexperienced LP lover asked Al "man, who did the aging on that- is that a HM?" Al let him play it a bit. "Man those PAF's are killer (read 57 Classics)"... "the aging is out of this world who did it?"- Big Al "I did". "Man, can you do one for me?". Big Al- "Yea, I will need the guitar for a year though"...

Classic Big Al! :yah

fakejake

Anyone have news on Big Al? His last post was over 3 months ago... :dang

corpse

I spoke to Al last week- we had a good chat. They are still testing for progression of cancer and he is genuinely in pain most of the time- but he sounds like Al. We solved most of the worlds problems- discussing river fishing, trench warfare, venomous lizards, and the merits of hybrid amplification (ala Legend). His son Nick is such a tremendous support- part of the reason Al stays prickly is to make sure Nick knows he is alive and kicking!
He is still playing some- albeit at a level that pisses him off- but he is noodling- he is spreading his vast knowledge of tunes and tricks to Nick.
He sounded good though.

fakejake

Thanks for the update!
If you are reading this Al: We are thinking of you, hang in there! :eek:la

brandtkronholm

I spoke to Al last week- we had a good chat. They are still testing for progression of cancer and he is genuinely in pain most of the time- but he sounds like Al. We solved most of the worlds problems- discussing river fishing, trench warfare, venomous lizards, and the merits of hybrid amplification (ala Legend). His son Nick is such a tremendous support- part of the reason Al stays prickly is to make sure Nick knows he is alive and kicking!
He is still playing some- albeit at a level that pisses him off- but he is noodling- he is spreading his vast knowledge of tunes and tricks to Nick.
He sounded good though.

Thanks for the update!

Here's to Big Al and wishing him the best! :salude

Scott L

Al, you came to mind when I was taking this shot... I hope today was a good for you.

_7rDmJANMjuAHJ-T3PHphZg2dT8Fd-4wXJrl2Vq1Dyg_nx1vzvKU_IqnSfbm2e1_CCpcjVnjrAJllUqxjvV-lY6q1ui3GtaHdHSmNjLV2Pp2EUmAkDcc1kImdx-v7mNXklAktpBxp41h5VcXCtujvd4pEof8CrbdG-Uw_yow9bLwtYyPzdzNGn-tY7Qny96LkDkeG6i5Q7riq88NXnINdtVMzHa0PNuL17PbIjwmj0oxKM-y04ETgvrI3iBQd4s0em6WknnXO7cPRISCjKu7mlcrBXDaRWUiayiWCBQ4rKRxzOwhVQ_Tk71g0nf-QzwGxLAeqBctBTbc6tFXRiwMv15k42gcNLoGem0CEJllII-2fqOsSFGMvU6hFHkz4s1JLVFKnSJDLdZJnzKvDLGHitYo4OHaTyP4k-qAZ84ZMLzOR1bidWJL4mUjGgJmnYD-lP2BAnj9icuGm82iUFLu3U2wxuXkfh8BzFWbrG0_cEnszUkuTcLtBEl_U3UyChoYfHh68ZSf9L1O19YCx800NdskYCvCcOi5INFi41jIR0aCCdhqSc99SDKvJK3Q7prjjCAl6DkpQt4ywheY3toATwxKuUXLqpQw-R9pv-7lE43YvtJWupi2gpoWv_BAPJQhY5j5PYixMFrop-jFzblx0jBPbM079xBYUf11F7IHN7MMyl7BLBMQPVBqxaDrkA=w518-h920-no

Attachments

• 2009 2012 Gibson LPR8 - WW-Spec - IT - 078.jpg
    2009 2012 Gibson LPR8 - WW-Spec - IT - 078.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 11

Big Daddy Class

Hoping you are reading this Big Al. Just in case you are reading and not commenting here are a few rants I recall to attempt to fire/cheer you up--Good Wood Era, Quartersawn Maple, Different nut widths over the years, Norlin Era Sucks and Kalamazoo made shitty guitars, Pickups are everything--wood quality does not matter, no need to every use a luthier, Ted Nugent is a Patriot, the specific model of Les Paul changes your tone entirely (you can buy tone).....

shred

He sounded good though.

Hey... I’m not around here as often as I used to be but please give the “ Big Guy” my best... Cancer is a horrendous spectre in many people’s lives and I really wish every cancer patient and their families my absolute best wishes in their respective and unique fights/circumstances —-not the least, the mighty Big Al... As OMITN often says, “Keep punching.”

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

Hey... I’m not around here as often as I used to be but please give the “ Big Guy” my best... Cancer is a horrendous spectre in many people’s lives and I really wish every cancer patient and their families my absolute best wishes in their respective and unique fights/circumstances —-not the least, the mighty Big Al... As OMITN often says, “Keep punching.”

That I shamelessy pinched off F-Hole.

He's told me he'll see me in court, I've told him to get in the fookin queue.....

Hope you're well Shred.

Big Al. My Pal.

I was thinking about Karl Marx the other day, and wondering why nobody ever remembers his sister, famous for inventing the starting pistol, Onya.

If you laugh and something falls off you only have to send me half my fee.

Here's me and the gaffer on our way to the supermarket for bread and milk...one really likes to make the effort. No idea why Audrey's laughing, they didn't have any bleeding milk left.....

5wY8gkV.jpg

AA00475Bassman

That I shamelessy pinched off F-Hole.

He's told me he'll see me in court, I've told him to get in the fookin queue.....

Hope you're well Shred.

Big Al. My Pal.

I was thinking about Karl Marx the other day, and wondering why nobody ever remembers his sister, famous for inventing the starting pistol, Onya.

If you laugh and something falls off you only have to send me half my fee.

Here's me and the gaffer on our way to the supermarket for bread and milk...one really likes to make the effort. No idea why Audrey's laughing, they didn't have any bleeding milk left.....

5wY8gkV.jpg
Great photo Paul Audrey looks fetching !