• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

AA00475Bassman

Odd hours I spend on this forum , I really notice when one of the odd hour surfers go MIA ! And this one really puts down some good odd hour reading . I left the light on Al see you soon !

clearmudd

I don't post much here but i truly enjoy reading your comments Big Al,... they're insightful, educational, and most often CORRECT :spabout... that is the most important reason. I'll have a prayer for you to feel better get back here soon. Cheers Amigo:salude

Scott L

Some Hog Top Mojo your way Big Al - Hope you are enjoying the day...

t7evodi4h8jtwwrtvy8v.jpg

KR1

Watching this from a very long road...

Old and new; Parson’s to Nashville - my three and only:

EA0485F9-7371-4E37-92CC-9807528EF880.jpgEA0485F9-7371-4E37-92CC-9807528EF880.jpgEA0485F9-7371-4E37-92CC-9807528EF880.jpg

Sorry, my posts are being edited even with VPN.

Peace and strength, Al. You’re drivin’, Brother.

Last edited:

shred

Feeling like listening to Big Al on the Tele... :jim

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o10KefrehDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

fakejake

Thanks for posting this! Finally I know what Big Al looks like :) And what a great player! :salude
Has anyone heard from him? It's been quite a while since he last posted...

Big Al

I'm in hell. I have even less use of my left arm than I did in that goofy video which was the last time I played with an capacity. It is embarrassing and far from representative of my ability. My humerus was in two seperate pieces then and the implanted rod was the only thing holding it together. As bad as it is I'd give anything to even have that limited ability back.

Now the bone is gone after the cancer ate it up. Al metal from shoulder to elbow. Next step is amputation of the whole arm.

Scott L

I'm in hell.......

Big Al,

Everytime I photo a guitar I think of you and wonder how your day is going. I can't fathom what you are going through. I hope little Lightburst will lighten your day. Keep fighting the good fight.

Cheers

attachment.php

Attachments

• 003 - 2013 Traditional Lightburst.jpg
    003 - 2013 Traditional Lightburst.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 358

Big Al

Big Al,

Everytime I photo a guitar I think of you and wonder how your day is going. I can't fathom what you are going through. I hope little Lightburst will lighten your day. Keep fighting the good fight.

Cheers

attachment.php

You know, Scott, I've always found beauty in every Les Paul. I just don't find I need a particular flame type or specific hue or color to catch my eye. I have often wondered why some seem so repulsed by dumb ass hang ups about color, figure, era or any other anal fixation that prevents one from simply enjoying a beautiful guitar.

That said, some really catch my eye. This one does. WHAT A BEAUTY!!!! You always seem to post guitars that grab my attention. Excellent photography, brother.

jbzoso2002

Hi Al, I hope things get better for you, hang in there!

You gave me a feel good boost when you talked about how good
the 96 studio's are.

It validated my opinion of this great playing and sounding
Gibson Les Paul.
rigsml.jpg

Thanks Big Al:jim

Jimmy

shred

Bumping this thread for a most deserving individual :jim

And he can play :biggrin:
Revisiting your Tele vid :dude:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o10KefrehDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

garywright

hard to believe that this thread is six years old ..glad you’re hanging in there Al.