• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a pairing that I could not live without... :salude

6678473381_340f7c5a1b_b.jpg

SFK

Les Paul Forum Member
Nice Kenny.

Here's a pairing I quite enjoy.

486411_414039882020899_541584011_n.jpg

Big Al

Very nice, brothers. I don't know if you'll rememder but back when, I was a rather vocal champion of all things P90. I just love the tactile, touch sensitivity and lively expressive tone and feel of single coil pickups.

Ken that Goldtop is tits!!! I had a 54 that was as clean and nice as that reissue, Steve Craw may remember it. I swear, of ALL the vintage Les Pauls I've owned, including the two Bursts, that is the one I miss most and regret selling. Well that and my exceptional 57 Jr.

SFK I see you get it. NICE! Does your Jr have the rounded 50's neck, or that killer wide/flat 60's?

SFK

Les Paul Forum Member
Thanks Al! It's a reissue so its a big ol neck.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Kenny.

Here's a pairing I quite enjoy.

486411_414039882020899_541584011_n.jpg

KILLER!!! :3zone Good to hear from you, my brother... It's been awhile... :salude

Ken that Goldtop is tits!!! I had a 54 that was as clean and nice as that reissue, Steve Craw may remember it. I swear, of ALL the vintage Les Pauls I've owned, including the two Bursts, that is the one I miss most and regret selling. Well that and my exceptional 57 Jr.

Thanks Big Al... There's just something about the feel of wraptail that works for me in a huge way...

...and I sure wouldn't mind owning a vintage Jr... :peace2

Mitchell

Taking the wattage down a bit,, but keeping the tone grade A.

Last edited:

gibson-r8

DSC_1540.jpg

Ah, lets go norlin again..

121-2144_IMG_2.jpg

I think I finally got my Photobucket issues worked out. Big Al, I wish i had some P-90's to share, but maybe these will do.

Big Al

DSC_1540.jpg

Ah, lets go norlin again..

121-2144_IMG_2.jpg

I think I finally got my Photobucket issues worked out. Big Al, I wish i had some P-90's to share, but maybe these will do.

That is quite alright because It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing Black Beauties and what appear to be Fender tweed type ampage. And you must know how much I truly dig on the Les Paul Recording model. Very cool, and in BLACK!!!

gibson-r8

That is quite alright because It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing Black Beauties and what appear to be Fender tweed type ampage. And you must know how much I truly dig on the Les Paul Recording model. Very cool, and in BLACK!!!

not black, its one of the walnut finish Recording models, 1978 version. The amps are indeed tweed.. Austin Amplifier (in my first iteration cabinets) 5F2A (tweed Princeton) clones. Working class guitars and amplifiers. How is the wing today Al?

Big Al

not black, its one of the walnut finish Recording models, 1978 version. The amps are indeed tweed.. Austin Amplifier (in my first iteration cabinets) 5F2A (tweed Princeton) clones. Working class guitars and amplifiers. How is the wing today Al?

The wing has been pretty sore this week. Radiation, so far has done little to ease the pain and discomfort. The pain can be severe. I have been very bummed this week as it has been a month now since surgery and I had hoped to feel better by now

The Orthapedic Oncologist says the cancer is under control, but my shoulder has been ruined, and now they seem worried that I will regain much function. My rotator cuff has been destroyed. The cancer ate much of it and they had to cut away what little remained, to get to the head of my humerus to drill out and remove the big tumor and insert the rod and screws.

I can not live with this pain. I can't sleep, I can't do anything, I'm never going to be the man I was. If I can get a handle on the pain I'd feel much better.

Still I need to be patient. This is gonna be long and slow.

Today was my birthday. 58. That means 40 years ago I was just turning 18.:bigal :bigal Where did those four decades go?

kharrison

Hang in there Big Al. Some positive vibes coming your way. It will get better.

tdarian

Happy Birthday Al! I'm 59, and although any set-backs I've had so far have been relatively small, things take longer to heal now than they used to but they do heal. Everything else speeds right along though, you got that right.

Keep the faith!

chuckNC

Today was my birthday. 58. That means 40 years ago I was just turning 18.:bigal :bigal Where did those four decades go?
I was telling my wife the other day it's hard to grasp the fact that my high school graduation will soon be 40 years in the past. WTF indeed! How is that possible?

I don't think "Happy Birthday" has the right ring to it under these circumstances, Al, but I pray you'll soon turn a corner in this painful recovery process. Wishing you a MUCH HAPPIER 59th in advance! Your discomfort does not come through in your posts at all--they're crystal clear. I had hoped you were feeling as good as you come across online.

Big Al

Hang in there Big Al. Some positive vibes coming your way. It will get better.

Let me tell ya something Brothers, it is one of the reasons I love this place. I got a package from a forum bro who was trying to give me a lift. I come home after radiation, and I'm not happy. Today's been tough and maybe because it was my birthday I just was feeling sad and down.

:bigal :bigal WTF is this. A bunch of cool things from a forum bro who wanted to lift my spirits. A man I never met and don't know sent some goodies to cheer me up and on. I was humbled. Some caps I like to get my kinda tone, some very cool tubes. Old octal preamp tubes I need for my ancient Stromberg and Carlson amps, as well as others I needed. What looks to be a hawk feather, how did he know I'm an outdoorsman and naturalist???

But this is where it got trancendent. A CD with Big Al written on it. I decided to take a drive along the lakeshore on the Lake Ontario Parkway. I do this alot, to think, move nesting turtles off the road and just enjoy the beauty. I popped in the CD not knowing what to expect and recognised an old Country blues, then another. Old friends I was familure with. More, electric blusewailing. Cool a blues mix, do the same, this guys shares a love of the same blues as me.

Then Hendrix and Page, Marshall Tucker AMERICANA!! Roots music and their modern decendants, Rockin Pat Travers and Heart.... all cool eclectic mix of American Roots Music. I allmost cried because I know somehow there is a deep connection here. The music, what an absolutely wondrous gift to share.

Progrocker111

:bigal :bigal WTF is this. A bunch of cool things from a forum bro who wanted to lift my spirits. A man I never met and don't know sent some goodies to cheer me up and on. I was humbled.

Thats very kind and cool. Great to see such acts and great to know that there are still many kind and helpful humans. :jim