• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Big Al Good Mojo thread

shred

Ahh... A very cool and somewhat evil looking P90 loaded SG... Very nice :dude:

I'm sure Big Al will appreciate the reflector knobs...

Ad_02Std

Ahh... A very cool and somewhat evil looking P90 loaded SG... Very nice :dude:

I'm sure Big Al will appreciate the reflector knobs...

Let's hope so! I just switched the knobs on my Les Paul to reflectors. Will have to take some new photos of that.

Hope you like the SG Big Al! It's not vintage. It has a two piece body. It has stock electronics. It has a set of vintage Grovers. It might be the best guitar I own.

Cliff Gress

Here's a TV I used to own where I tried reflectors.

CliffsTV.jpg

CharlieS

Hey, Big Al P..... glad you're enjoying the pics. Here's one of my old Duane Allman Signature...

DAPR5.jpg

Big Al

Was it Sid?

No. He was from the Carribean or Cental America some place warm and tropical. He was always cryin' 'bout not having a Les Paul. A lot like STOCK HIPPY only he had a little anti USA streak to his views, he could be funny. I cannot for the life of me remember his name. He took great delight in posting pics of Bad Coconuts much too our collective dismay. Yet when I see those pics I get a chuckle and remember how it gave so much silly goofery joy to that dude.

chuckNC

Hey, Big Al P..... glad you're enjoying the pics. Here's one of my old Duane Allman Signature...

DAPR5.jpg
That's awesome right there, Charlie. And speaking of awesome, I saw the other thread too. You da man, Al.

Black58

I wish I could speak as you do, Al;
.. but I CANNOT/WILLNOT leap from my signature/Munsee Indian heritage.

:jim

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
No. He was from the Carribean or Cental America some place warm and tropical. He was always cryin' 'bout not having a Les Paul. A lot like STOCK HIPPY only he had a little anti USA streak to his views, he could be funny. I cannot for the life of me remember his name. He took great delight in posting pics of Bad Coconuts much too our collective dismay. Yet when I see those pics I get a chuckle and remember how it gave so much silly goofery joy to that dude.
Big Al...thanks for mentioning me...Ilove YOU!!!

Big Al

Big Al...thanks for mentioning me...Ilove YOU!!!

Never, ever, discount or underestimate the absolute power and glory of silly goofalicious joy!!! Always been a big part of my life. Goofin' with my buds has been the happiest thing in my life. I believe it is a man thing that most women don't get. My dear freind Bob is my favorite goof. He tells the most hillarious stories and along with his great humour he is a gifted mimic. I swear he has left me snot hangin' stupid from laughing so hard. Tear squirtin', snot hangin', gasping for breath guffaws of pure silly goofalicious joy. Sometimes I almost pee a little. Love ya too STOCK HIPPY, but you gotta step up to get in Bobs league, though one of yer youtubes came close. Goofy is a sublime state of mind.

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
Never, ever, discount or underestimate the absolute power and glory of silly goofalicious joy!!! Always been a big part of my life. Goofin' with my buds has been the happiest thing in my life. I believe it is a man thing that most women don't get. My dear freind Bob is my favorite goof. He tells the most hillarious stories and along with his great humour he is a gifted mimic. I swear he has left me snot hangin' stupid from laughing so hard. Tear squirtin', snot hangin', gasping for breath guffaws of pure silly goofalicious joy. Sometimes I almost pee a little. Love ya too STOCK HIPPY, but you gotta step up to get in Bobs league, though one of yer youtubes came close. Goofy is a sublime state of mind.

Big Al...thanks!!!..btw..which you tube did you like?...I just gave my CD Born With a Cheating Heart to a girl I know...her name is Ipo...Her boyfriend is rythmn for Neil Young and Ipo said she wants me to meet himm!!..love you!!
SH

Elmore

Big Al, here is one I know you will like. This is my 1970 routed Les Paul Deluxe. This is a modded Norlin that I have had since the summer before the 8th grade in '75. It has all the wrong stuff and is the best sounding LP I have played.

DSCN4651.jpg

DSCN4652.jpg

Cliff Gress

You struck a chord in me with that post Al. I lost my best friend of 30 years to an auto accident 11 years ago. I've never laughed so deep with any human being before or since him. He and I could go off on a topic and the tears would flow. Goofy a sublime state of the mind? Oh yes!

tdarian

That's so cool Elmore, I miss the one I had back in the 70s as well as a few other things from that time in life! Mine still had the Mini's when I sold it to buy a coach, my perspective was way off back then! I waited almost 40 years to get another LP....foolishly! Wish I still had that ole girl, killer guitar "even though it did not come out of the 50s" like some of us and all the other good vintage stuff.

tonyj

Big Al, never met you, don't know you, other than here on line, where I still get to enjoy your unique sense of occasion and humour along with your ability to say things just right.

Same with you Stock Hippie. An amazing individual and one who adds a dash of colour to this overcrowded grey rock we live on.

You guys are different to the rest of the herd, yet you don't take yourselves ultra seriously all the time, as many of the others do, and when you have something to say, it's usually worth listening to.

You guys are rare diamonds

Don't ever change guys!

Elmore

Thanks, moonweasel and tdarian. I just got up the nerve to route neck pickup cavity about 3 years ago. I am glad I did. The bridge was done before I bought it way back then. Big Al, I bet if I had asked you about my hesitation to route it, you would have told me "WTF!, the damge is already done! WTF!". Makes sense to me. Keep fighting big guy, the world needs someone who can cut through the crap.

Last edited:

mbowen

Hang in there Al we are all pulling and praying for you{ever those of us do not know you personally }We know you from your posts.Mike B.:salude:jim:salude

Lily

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I get it Big Al and I always have. And I want to say I love you ALOT and have always enjoyed that BIG sense of humor of yours for so many years now. No doubt, you've shared that goofalicious joy with us over and over again and bring so much laughter and joy to the members of this forum, ME included. Thanks for that and please 'er coming. :)

You know some scary life events seem to be happening everywhere recently, including around these parts - which is why I've been away for the most part recently - dear friends, loved ones and fellow musicians. I guess its just how life is but lately it seems more intense than ever...but anyway, you know I love you and my prayers will be going out for you every single night and that is a promise.

Sending my goofalicious good vibes your way, my friend.
Love ya! Lily:hippy